RSV4 1100 FW Stock1 MM Race 2019

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kls

Reaction score
The BM's gone, changed to the Aprilia after owning S1000RR's from 2010, including a HP4 too. I got a RSV4 1100 FW Stock1 MM Race direct from the factory in a box

Stripped all the plain white fairings off

Then for the first ever ride/track day to it to Donington

First ever ride out of the box, not touched anything

Then Off to Mugello

Hi kls, looks like you are enjoying the aprilia, did you try the new bmw?

No didn’t try it, I needed a new bike for the track days I had already booked, the Aprilia was 6 weeks from deposit, run in and ready to ride. The new S1000RR issues had already started before I decided to switch brands.

Lovely machine, what are your first impressions? 1100 must have some shove? The front end is supposed to be the best in the business, has it changed your riding style?

Last edited:
Was very nervous the first morning at Donington, thinking would the bike be good was it the right decision. Took it easy new slicks new bike etc, not sure what mode what TC, wheelie level all those things but when I came in I thought the lap timer was broken it didn’t feel quick at all, but was really chuffed. Yes the front is amazing turns really easy can pass into a corner on the brilliant brakes and still turn without any issues. The lap I did was my best at Donington first time out. The suspension was set up during the day and I changed various settings it was always going to be a test / setting day ready for Mugello. I didn’t want to go there without riding setting up the bike first. Really would like to go back to Donington now after riding the bike a little more.

It has some serious go, weighs less than 170 kg wet, and about 222 HP

Support is fantastic, direct email to the technicians. Bike is built from the chassis up with kit wiring loom, modified cooling system, no fans etc, no cat, race ecu with correct map and fueling.

Fantastic bike! It’s a shame other manufacturers don’t offer similar packages.

I had a RSV4 1100 Factory and I might have barrel rolled into into many boxes within a 3 trackdays on its first week ??????
I couldn’t get a replacement and I already had an order down on the new BMW. Despite spending a lot of money and hassle with it, I’m yet to beat my lap times on the 1100 and it doesn’t feel as refined as the Aprilia.
Granted the BMW is much lighter and the electronics are very good...I really miss the Aprilia.
Enjoy it.
I am incredible envious.

Cracking times straight out of the box. It looks like a really good deal. I wish all manufacturers would offer these type of deals so you dont have to deal with the road regs junk such as exhausts. A Ducati V4R costs £35k to start with and you need to spend another £4k or more on a decent exhaust; thats a non starter for me.

Looked at the Ducati, but with full system too noisy for the uk, then the cost, with race fairings etc etc
In Mugello recently met a guy in the next garage who had spent 60k on his bike !!!!!!
I had one opportunity too follow him along the start finish straight, I crept passed him. I thought to myself RESULT ??????

Looked at the Ducati, but with full system too noisy for the uk, then the cost, with race fairings etc etc
In Mugello recently met a guy in the next garage who had spent 60k on his bike !!!!!!
I had one opportunity too follow him along the start finish straight, I crept passed him. I thought to myself RESULT ������

True about the noise. Many tracks only admit Ducatis with original exhausts, i.e. Spa.

60k is not that impressive. I saw guys on bmw hp4 almost after release when it was around 68k gbp. Saw one guy low siding it at Silverstone into brooklands gravel trap.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had one opportunity too follow him along the start finish straight, I crept passed him. I thought to myself RESULT ������
Were you on the NL trip? I was out a week or two before that with Rehm Racing and the top ten were probably 80-90% V4; the Panigales always went really well there. I had a deposit down in the off chance I'd want it but cancelled it for the same reasons.

Yes was with NL MUGELLO 30-31 AUG. 1 SEPT. Event run by DG Sports / Biker Days really slick operation, they even had your lap times on big screens.

Groups A, B, C, D or Racer, Very Fast, Fast, Fun. I did laugh as I was in the Very Fast Group (B) Managed to get on the same screen as Simon Crafar and the second best B time (Pos. 27)

Yes was with NL MUGELLO 30-31 AUG. 1 SEPT. Event run by DG Sports / Biker Days really slick operation, they even had your lap times on big screens.

Groups A, B, C, D or Racer, Very Fast, Fast, Fun. I did laugh as I was in the Very Fast Group (B) Managed to get on the same screen as Simon Crafar and the second best B time (Pos. 27)

Mate, Mugello has a LCD screen in every pitbox and can display time.

Back