Soofs Gen4 rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I believe you can buy one from akrapovic. I noticed in the ride pro settings theres something about exhaust acoustics which needs more research....

Looks like the baffle is in there just never noticed it before lol.

88a33c1f3b25c5d1f2004496a672204f.jpg

Best you whip it out and really show the neighbours some love...the dbkiller that is, just to be clear.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Easier said than done. Think it needs the can off to access the bolt head from the inner side of the can.

Akrapovic Baffle.

Easier said than done. Think it needs the can off to access the bolt head from the inner side of the can.

You should just be able to remove the rubber grommet on the outside of the carbon fibre end cap and then unscrew the allen bolt. You can then pull the baffle straight out.

Re: Akrapovic Baffle.

You should just be able to remove the rubber grommet on the outside of the carbon fibre end cap and then unscrew the allen bolt. You can then pull the baffle straight out.

Trouble is getting the right angle into the can with the rear wheel on otherwise it?s blind. Can?t be bothered to take the wheel off for now.

Akrapovic Baffle

Got the baffle out. It was a 8mm bolt not Allen /hex.

They are normally fixed in place with an Allen bolt which makes it much easier. No wonder it was awkward getting it out if you had to get an 8mm socket in there at that angle. At least it came with a free baffle. You have to buy one separately for the Gen 4 Akrapovic race systems.

I managed an hour or so on the bike this afternoon to check everything was working correctly as I am doing a commute to the office in stafford if its dry tomorrow, and don?t want to get caught out. Pairing my helmet cardo q1 was a pita. Hadn?t used it since October with the bike so everything needed forgetting and relearning, trying to re-pair it refused to work and then suddenly decided to work. I really like the integration with the screen for media and phone, unlikely I will use either much.

That?s because I took the baffle out the other day, now the exhaust is the only thing I can hear lol. It is ear splitting on startup before it settles down. I want to put the baffle back in but the retaining bolt is a proper nightmare to try and line up with the baffle and the can. I tried for over an hour this evening and failed. I considered putting the baffle back in, but no bolt, will it be ok?

I will have to take the rear wheel off at some point to get a decent view of the hole to put the bolt in correctly, which is a good excuse to fit some lightech chain adjusters. Every cloud.

DDC. I think needs its own thread which I will sort out. In the meantime, has anyone done the sag measurements by unloading the front forks (if it is unmodified from factory to start with)?

Brakes. Actually felt really good. Really nice and progressive into corners on today?s cautious ride. I haven?t checked which pads are fitted, anyone know?

Back