Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Soofs Gen4 rr

Soofs Gen4 rr

My bike arrived yesterday. It’s been a long wait and tbh I have considered cancelling my order a few times, partly due to the delays and partly due to some of the negative feedback.

Didn’t have a chance to ride it yesterday as work beckoned but as soon as I got home last night I was in to the garage to start doing the bits.

First off, the Arka carbon slip on. Then the evotech crash bungs, front and rear axle spindle protectors and the lcd screen protector.

AJ had very kindly fitted BMW rad and oil cooler guards for me.

This morning first job was to clean the chain. The white muck bmw use flings everywhere so after some patience and perseverance the muck was replaced with wurth dry lube.

Then out for first ride. I had only sat on a bike in the dealership and it’s been near 18 months since I had the HP4 so I was expecting it to be quicker than anything I had been on for a while. Oh yes! Even with the 9k rpm restriction and in road mode the bike just pulls in an almost ‘electric’ fashion. It’s instant, no lag to speak of, and the acceleration is smooth and progressive which makes it sound dull but it definitely is not. Easily up to illegal speeds in a couple of seconds, overtakes are hilariously easy in any speed in any gear. Ok so it’s very quick. I think that’s a given.

Riding it feels so light that tipping into a corner is a little unnerving as the bike just falls in, no gradual lean fighting the bars. I didn’t get over 32 degrees on the first 50 miles this morning. Partly down to the tyres (never used Power RS before) and the rear skipping out early on made me realise that these tyres need to get warm before you can play. It’s going to take me a while to build up the confidence to get into the 40-50 degree stuff, hopefully by 6 tonight lol.

Gearbox. No issues whatsoever. Neutral was easy to find, no different from any sports bike. If you’re trying to find neutral from standstill in 1 it might be a bit tricky but rolling up to a stop and dropping it in, no issues. Quick shifter and blipper were seemless. Clutch was a little grabby at full release as it only bites at the end and needs a handful more revs to prevent a stall, same as it was on the HP4.

Screen is great. Does everything it need to along with the connected app nav functionality etc there is nothing else you could want I don’t think. The only slight niggle I had was with the switchgear. Each time I used the indicators it was easy to accidentally touch the rotational controller and change screen read outs, but other than than no issues.

Looks. I think it looks great from every angle apart from the front. This imo is the money shot.

From the front I personally think it’s a bit of a
    minger but it’s not important.

DDC. Much better than the HP4, pretty smooth everywhere and never did I feel I was being bumped around.

Seat. Should be called the plank. Clearly not designed for doing any miles. Need to get that upgraded. Interesting I found the seating position higher than I had expected, I think it might be higher than the Gen 3, or I’ve shrunk, but expect someone can pull out the facts and prove me wrong.

So far very happy with the bike although it’s only the first few hours of ownership. The settings are endless so I don’t think I am going to easily get bored of playing around with it.

As a bit of a bonus, I found that a disc lock fits very nicely in the space under the rear seat cowl (without a factory alarm).

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to soofsayer For This Useful Post:

Riding
    RR 16 Motorsport

Re: Soofs Gen4 rr

Congratulations on the new bike Andy. Stunning bike and very well done on the patients mate not sure I’d have waited. Many happy miles heading your way though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skel For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Congratulations on the amazing new steed Soof!

Was a throughly enjoyable read and am looking forward to the second instalment already

Those chicken/safety strips seriously need to go though

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oli For This Useful Post:

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bmwbadboy's Avatar

Congrats on new bike!

Does HP4 have DDC suspension ? Didnt know that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwbadboy For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post
    Does HP4 have DDC suspension ? Didnt know that.
    Yes, it was the first production bike to have semi-active suspension

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bmwbadboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Yes, it was the first production bike to have semi-active suspension
    Right, I confused the names. I thought it is BMW HP4 race bike.

Riding
    Nothing

Very nice

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2015 ZX10R

Your house looks very posh.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ash34 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Congratulations on the new bike Andy. Stunning bike and very well done on the patients mate not sure I’d have waited. Many happy miles heading your way though.
    Thanks skel, it is starting to feel autumnal so I think any later and I may have bailed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Congratulations on the amazing new steed Soof!

Was a throughly enjoyable read and am looking forward to the second instalment already

Those chicken/safety strips seriously need to go though
    Thanks Oli, yes you are right but it is really a bit weird initially as virtually no countersteer and it just falls in. I havent been on any roads where I can get some pace and cornering safely so although the strips have become thighs they are still very apparent. I went to watch my team play rugby this afternoon (currently carrying a leg injury which isnt helping positioning on the bike but a poor excuse) and on the way back a r9t pulled out behind me and followed me through town, oh the shame of having a brand new super bike with chicken strips as wide as the A1.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post
    Congrats on new bike!
    Thanks BBB.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Very nice
    Thanks, hows the duc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash34 View Post
    Your house looks very posh.
    Its not a bad spot, cant complain.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to soofsayer For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding