NLR 2020 dates

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Probably will be doing both Donnys.

IMG_20190906_165814.jpg

I'm year three and getting a bit quicker now. Looks like we will have the two 600 Army Teams again next year and I'm wanting to get a fast 1000 team together but we dont have many 1000 riders. If the Team is there then I'll be at every round; if not then I may pick and choose and mix it up with sprints. Are you doing the Cartegena winter testing?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't have any team, not sure how to get into one either. Also not sure I understand the fun of endurance races, sounds like a lot of work. So I'm thinking to do sprints for now. I will also do Brands GP with Beemsee.

Re: Cartagena, I have never been there. My bike is coming back from Sepang on Feb 22, so unlikely I will make it there.

Endurance is definitely more work but can be more satisfying because of it. It’s load more seat time. On a Saturday Endurance I will do five or ten qualifying laps in the morning and often fifty or more laps in the race depending on number of riders. I’ll then do the sprints on the Sunday as well if the weather is good. The downside is it’s an expensive weekend but worthwhile if you have the cash.

You just need to find people to ride with you if you want to create a team. Or speak to the guys already doing it as there’s usually people looking for riders.

Last edited:
Another problem of endurance is that it's a team sport and I've got used to do everything alone. I know my pace, and will be very upset if anyone is doing it slower :)

Btw, is there anything special about this testing at Cartagena ? I watched the videos and it's pretty rough track. Why not to go to Portimao?

Last edited:
Another problem of endurance is that it's a team sport and I've got used to do everything alone. I know my pace, and will be very upset if anyone is doing it slower :)

Btw, is there anything special about this testing at Cartagena ? I watched the videos and it's pretty rough track. Why not to go to Portimao?

Cartagena is more like the British tracks, stop start, and cheaper, Portimao definitely isn't (although I prefer it)

As above, I’m not a big fan of Cartegena tbh but it’s perfect testing for UK tracks and along with Almeria and possibly Jerez its the most likely place for winter sun. If I’m making the effort to go to Spain then I’d rather go to a GP track.

Back