Hi from a New Forest newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rednine.
Yes I reckon you may well be the oldest on here. I think I used to be at 73. Like you I expect, I’m a young 73 and do All and I mean ALL the things these young ‘uns do.
I’m in hospital at the moment having a knee replacement, due probably to kicking off my BSA GOLD STARS in a younger life.
I’ve been courting (now there’s a word you don’t see now a days) a lady for almost a year now.
Now I can’t tell you her age because a gentleman doesn’t do that!
I have been taking her out on the back of my Yamaha FZ1 this year but she wanted to go on the Beemer more.
Yesterday I granted her wish and put on the pillion rests and seat.
I took her for a blast and let her feel the power these bikes have!
She absolutely loved it and wants to do it again.
She wasn’t in the least put off by the front wheel lifting.
I reckon we must be the oldest swingers in town.
I’m just hoping my right knee retains its articulation to get my foot on the peg after my op.

Morning Roadrunner, yes I guess we might be the OSIT!! Healthwise I've been lucky so far - original knees and hips and find the RR really comfortable as I find my R1, on which I did 493 miles the weekend before last to and from Oulton Park for the BSB. Next reasonable trip will be to Brands on the RR for the final BSB round of the year.

I'm impressed with your pillion's enthusiasm for excitement - a big plus there. Last time the war department went on the back of my bike ( a GS750 Suzuki at the time) was 1978!! As I built up to very nearly 40MPH in Harpenden, I got a tap on the shoulder!! That was the very last time she came on the pillion. :tennis: No bad thing really as my enthusiasm for motorcycling continues unabated. Fortunately she is quite relaxed with my continued motorcycle enjoyment.

I see you're up in Hull, I am coming up to Pickering for the WW11 weekend of the 12th & 13th October, sadly in the car, but if there's a just to meet for a beer that would be good. :smile-new:

Last edited:
Hi again Rednine.
Sorry for the delay in my reply.
You could say I’ve been rather busy of late.
Well they’ve done it and I’m back home pushing on with my physio therapy.
The pain from this leg has to be experienced to be believed. To say it stings a bit is very much an understatement.
It would be nice to meet up for that beer but I’m mindful that the recovery time for these procedures is anywhere between 3 and 6 months 🤭
I am pushing however to be much earlier than that.......having already sat on the BMW.
Trouble is my right knee hasn’t anywhere near enough articulation.....yet. But I’m hopeful for a full recovery.
So I shall give it time and perhaps, who knows?👍

Back