Hi from a New Forest newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednine

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am possibly going to be the oldest member on this forum and currently riding an early R1. Somehow I felt the need to try a Gen 3 RR Sport at Bahnstormers last Thursday :excitement:.................big mistake! It is being delivered next Thursday!!! :smile-new: Shame its not Thursday this week as I'm riding up to Oulton Park for the BSB, nevertheless the R1 is staying and I never bore with riding that. A bit about me, I have been riding consistantly since I was sixteen and have owned forty plus bikes but this will only be my fourth BMW. Previous one's include an R100S, 2nd Gen Boxer Cup and a GS1200. Interests include following Moto GP,WSB, BSB and fairly regular trips to the IOM for the TT.

Hi, welcome and congratulations on your new purchase. Now you have put down the challenge on age you need to spill the beans on how many years wise you are :) ?

Hi soofsayer, thanks for the welcome, wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age and at 76 I should know better!! :rolleyes-new:

Welcome!

76 and still riding, inspiring stuff.
Hope you love the RR.

We're here to help with any questions.

- Alex

Welcome!

76 and still riding, inspiring stuff.
Hope you love the RR.

We're here to help with any questions.

- Alex

+1

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

What have been some of your favourite biking experiences over the years?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you onboard your new steed [emoji41]

- Oli

Hi Oli, probably far too many to mention but one or two stick out, they include taking my GS1200 down to Catalunya for the Moto GP with six pals, four of whom had ZX10's and seeing their expressions after losing them both sides of the climb into and out of Andorra, others have included riding with my daughter, me on the GS and her on (at the time) her ZX636 to the Isle of Man for the TT. I had all the camping kit for two on my bike, which included a five man tent!! :rolleyes-new:
I am going to the TT again next year for the 13th time (not consecutive)and I know it will be as pleasurable as the last twelve on which I have ridden a variety of bikes from Honda CB550 through to my R1 last year. Next year on the RR should again be great fun. :smile-new:

Just important to know all forest roads are 40MPH or lower! Other roads all good as is the notorious A272 BUT heavily policed, particularly weekends and Wednesday nights - Loomies bike night. The forecast is improving during the week so, looking good for the weekend.

Just important to know all forest roads are 40MPH or lower! Other roads all good as is the notorious A272 BUT heavily policed, particularly weekends and Wednesday nights - Loomies bike night. The forecast is improving during the week so, looking good for the weekend.

Hi, thanks... I know the A272 from Kent to as far as it goes like the back of my hand, but my mate is a Newbie to bikes, so will be going relatively slowly. I might try a few roads over Salisbury way as well. He'll be knackered by the time we get from Central London via Petworth, Midhurst, Goodwood, Loomies, etc. I haven't been to Salisbury plain for decades but remember having fun there. Know of any roads? Thanks in advance J

Please let me know if you decide definitely on Loomies. I know it well and would be good to meet. Also, check out your maps for visiting Compton Abbas airfield. Really worth a visit but as your pal is new to bikes avoid Corkscrew Hill!! :crash_smilie:

I also meant to suggest, Old Sarum airfield outside Salisbury and The Haven on the A30 welcomes bikers.

Last edited:
Hi Phil, oh yes, I've just come back from Oulton Park and went up and down a Corkscrew Lane which was like ZigZag Hill only flatter. Thanks for pointing that out. :culpability:

hi and welcome from the New Forest too , what a beautiful part of the world we live in :) :) . good luck with the new BMW . I've taken mine to the TT a few times (and Europe for the GPs) its pretty comfy for touring about considering what type of bike it is

Please let me know if you decide definitely on Loomies. I know it well and would be good to meet. Also, check out your maps for visiting Compton Abbas airfield. Really worth a visit but as your pal is new to bikes avoid Corkscrew Hill!! :crash_smilie:

Thanks, I'll see what he's up for. J

Another to add to your itinerary, is a visit to Sammy Miller’s Motorcycle Museum near New Milton BH25 5SZ. If you don’t want to visit the museum, the tea rooms offer good food etc. :beguiled::encouragement:

Last edited:
Back