Gen 4 Exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalv

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick one about the exhaust and that horrible CAT... are the headers and CAT all one system?
There are End cans available, but like other bikes I haven't seen a "link-pipe" option which leads me to believe the only way to get rid of the CAT is to replace the headers/can with a full system - and then extra cost?

Thanks

I'm fairly certain they are. I don't have my Gen4 to check at the moment, but I might pick up a loan biker later and then I'll check for you.

Last edited:
suppose it's a bit clever of BMW.. maybe the downpipes are overkill.. de-cat link pipe and an end can would be enough in most circumstances.

wonder if getting someone to fabricate a link pipe be too much trouble - obviously would mean cutting the downpipes??

The exhaust headers and catalyser are all one unit,as has been the case on all previous generations.
Someone will get round to making a link pipe eventually.A shortage of bikes is the problem at the moment.Indeed,I think that only Akrapovich and Arrow have full systems available.

The exhaust headers and catalyser are all one unit,as has been the case on all previous generations.
Someone will get round to making a link pipe eventually.A shortage of bikes is the problem at the moment.Indeed,I think that only Akrapovich and Arrow have full systems available.
I saw a link pipe on Austin racing web site£600 I think, does anyone know if the 2015rr headers and the 2 cats would fit the 2020rr?

Think there might be 4 cat s, two before and two inside the lunch box under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back