Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 Neutral issues - Solution

Riding
    BMW S1000RR

Gen 4 Neutral issues - Solution

My dealer just told me that BMW have issued a fix for the neutral issues on the Gen 4. Basically there’s too much oil flow in the clutch which causes the clutch to be unable to release properly. BMW has sent out washers to the dealers that are to be installed somewhere in the clutch which will restrict oil flow and that is supposed to fix the neutral issues completely.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noxx For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Re: Gen 4 Neutral issues - Solution

Great to have the confirmation - the chap mentioning a 'fix' the other day was clearly on the right path. I'd credit him too if I could find the post!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

Riding
    BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Great to have the confirmation - the chap mentioning a 'fix' the other day was clearly on the right path. I'd credit him too if I could find the post!
    https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthrea...Neutral-Issue/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to noxx For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

That's the one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

So I spoke to AJ earlier as my bike is being delivered on friday. They said there were no outstanding recalls for the chassis number. Is there a bmw technical bulletin reference (Tim?) for this fix?

That cure makes sense.That was my theory the other day.Gearchange was faultless and neutral also.I then stopped the bike for a few minutes,moved it 50mts and neutral was impossible to find.
    Presumably excess oil was making the clutch drag.
    I also noticed clutch judder when slipping the clutch moving slowly(this could also possibly be the slipper clutch,but more likely due to too much oil).

I will also be bringing up the subject with Tim tomorrow,as mine is in there now.
    Last edited by baz; 4th September 2019 at 06:33 PM.

Mines going into Pidcock’s at Long Eaton tomorrow for its first service. I’ll see if they’ve heard anything about it. Mines also a tricky little beast to find too!

Had a call back earlier about this from the dealer. Apparently the fix is done on bikes with the issue reported by the user. Not all bikes are having problems getting to neutral, so it is on a case by case basis. Seems odd to me that some do and some dont, but I guess that is down to tolerances? The fix parts/washer are not orderable and need to be requested for each bike in turn. I presume this may change if the problem gets more widely reported with more deliveries now happening. Either way, BMW have a fix for any bike with this issue.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to soofsayer For This Useful Post:

Riding
    BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Had a call back earlier about this from the dealer. Apparently the fix is done on bikes with the issue reported by the user. Not all bikes are having problems getting to neutral, so it is on a case by case basis. Seems odd to me that some do and some dont, but I guess that is down to tolerances? The fix parts/washer are not orderable and need to be requested for each bike in turn. I presume this may change if the problem gets more widely reported with more deliveries now happening. Either way, BMW have a fix for any bike with this issue.
    I've seen that washer and doubt it's got to do with tolerances, but with, as you mentioned earlier, lack of owner reports. I guess a good few people put the neutral issues down to it being a BMW or it not being run in etc...but as soon as people start complaining it will probably become standard issue.

Riding
    BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Any issues with yours so far?