new fault code

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vro551

Reaction score
Was out this morning after more than 8 weeks in hibernation, scrubbing a new rear tyre, when after less than 5kms away from home the engine warning light came on, no indication what could have caused it. Nearly shitted myself after what has been posted earlier about dropping of a valve. There were no unusual noises, no exhaust fumes, water temperature in the 80s.
Turned around and limped back home. Connected the gs911 and fault 21FEA1 (knock sensor 2 to ground) was register but not present.
What the heck is going on, have just got rid of the exhaust valve fault by installing the servo buddy and now this.
Any ideas whats causing these issues. Bike isn't having a hard life, no track days, its a weekend fun toy, and it has a little brother too in the shape of a zx6r, just 15k kms on the clock.
Any remarks welcomed

have you cleared the fault an tried again? also is it the only fault,mine have a recurring Twist grip fault (had it on all 4 of my s1k's),but found if i calibrate the throtte before each trackday doesn't come up,also found it's ususally the 1st time it's been rode for while when it occurs so could be due to battery voltage drop,even though it lives on an optimate when not in use.they are very sensitive to battery voltage drops

yes I cleared it and restarted the bike for a couple of seconds and it did not show up again. But i didnt ride the bike again so cant tell for sure if it will re occur, as it started to drizzle

Any ideas where the knock sensor (no 2) is located?

yea theres 2.either side of the thermostat housing,just a little plug with a screw in the middle of it

Is this beneath the fuel tank or somewhere behind the exhaust manifold?
yea theres 2.either side of the thermostat housing,just a little plug with a screw in the middle of it

under fuel tank.basically,where the water hoses go in+out of the thermostat,they are either side of that,little black 2 pin plug connected to the block with a torx head bolt,black round plastic.

Latest posts

Back