IRC Auto Blipper and QS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1000roo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have fitted the IRC auto blip recently and am having issues getting it t work. The electrical gubbins box on it says all is working fine (can hear the relays working on up/down shifts) but when I try to change gear when its running it is not cutting or blipping the power. As far as I am aware it is all plugged in to the right places in the loom. Would love some info from someone that has experience with plugging them in to the wrong place just in case I have done that.

It's on a 2010 bike and I'm not sure is I have a standard clutch lever. Does the OEM one have a clutch switch on it? I've bought it as a track bike and it's has a fair amount of the Alpha racing catalog on it which is great but being my first S1000rr I don't know the standard bike.

Bike has a Power Commander 5 too just to add to the mix regarding ignition.

Many thanks.

yes it does have a clutch switch,jus sat under the the clutch lever clamp

Try to check if the clutch switch is working. I also have the IRC and it is working fine. Also when you turn on the bike and before you start the engine do you hear a "grrr" noise?

I think is at be the issue. I don’t think I have a clutch switch. Can anyone tel me the colours of the wires going in to the switch please. I will see if I can join them and make it think the switch is closed. Or something like that. Or make it all catch on fire trying!

Morning All.

I hame still having a major head ache with my IRC Blipper/QS.

As above I tried the clutch switch but mine as been taken out so the bike now just thinks the clutch is always open.

I then went back over my install and realised I'd been a bellend and plugged the wires meant for the APS in to the FPS. They are the only 2 connector on the bike that are the same. Anyway, plug it all in and fire her up on the stands. It works. But not for long.

Now I get a working bike for a few minutes from when I start it then it goes something changes and the bike will not rev above the 3000 mark. If I unplug the IRC from the APS it works fine a s stock bike. I had to do this at Silverstone the other week. Rode all day fine just being old skool and using a clutch!

Does a 2010 bike have a limp mode? Anyone have any ideas? Its driving me mad.

Back