Aim solo 2 dl help!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1000roo

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve bought an AIM Solo 2 DL and I’m having an issue with getting to connect to my Mac. Can anyone help me out?

It’s connected to the computer via WiFi ok and it comes up as a seen device but in rs3 it then had ‘ no devices in view’ next to the solo 2 with a red i sign.

I can only find problems online about it not connecting at all. I’m stuck in the middle. Very frustrating!

Cheers

I ran it in a windows vm on the mac.
Didn't even know there was a macos version! Doh

Which mac are you using? Are you going usb-c to usb-a conversion on the latest gen?

- Alex

Hi Alex, I to am having to run it in windows as a VM. I can’t believe they don’t do Mac software! I didn’t check before I bought it 🤬

Regarding running usb-a to b I’m afraid I have know idea what you are on about. I’m most definitely not a tech savvy person. More of a mechanical engineer then an electrical one 😂

I’ve got a 2016 MacBook Air.

Cheers.

Ah right, with the VM running, plug the cable in, you should be prompted to connect to macos or windows. Does that happen?

- Alex

Cable? Are we talking about different devices? Mine uses WiFi to connect to the Mac.

I’m trying to upload a photo to show what’s I’m at with it. It’s on Flickr but I can’t get the link to put in on here. Do you know how? Cheers

I’m trying to upload a photo to show what’s I’m at with it. It’s on Flickr but I can’t get the link to put in on here. Do you know how? Cheers

Click the "share photo" arrow on the bottom right of the Flickr page and copy / paste the BBCode into your reply......

So, can anyone shed any light on the above pic before my laptop and bike end up as a burning ball and I go back to running carbs, using pen and paper and carrier pigeon!

Not tried wifi, so, I'm out.
If its a dedicated wifi then you'll need to connect to it in the macos wifi menu

- Alex

Last edited:
Is yours a Solo rather than a Solo 2 Alex? Ive been looking to see if I can get a usb cable for connection but can only find one for the solo. Cheers

you sure you've changed your wifi connection to the solo unit,not your home wifi signal.assuming your on wireless,not ethernet on your mac

also make sure you've set up the wifi config. on the unit (just set to auto)

also,you have updates to install,click on the cloud in the top right of your page

there a 5 pin plug supplied with 12v cigar connection,ans a mains connection with 5 pin.theres no usb
ports on the solo2's

to the op,i'm not mac friendly,but know the solo2's/Aim stuff quite well so any issues pm me

Back