NLR Donny R8 - Aug 30

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Doing Racebuykz.com race this weekend.

Qualified 17/37 for the first race. 1:41.7 - not too bad.

Anyone around here ?

It has been an amazing experience! Racebuykz.com cup was pretty competitive and was an excellent choice to start racing.

My results are

23/31 race 1
21/29 race 2
20/32 race 3
17/24 race 4

A video of 1:40 lap

Need to break into 1:38/39 barrier now.

Last edited:
Great on board...lovely and smooth.
I think your 1:39 was there till Melbourne/Goddards.
You'll nail it next time.

- Alex

Only just seen this post. I'm not sure if we have met in real life or if I'm at Croft yet but do come and say hello at Team Army if so. +1 on getting the time until Melbourne Loop :) I found you need a very stable front end to hold a fast line around there which is at odds to wanting it softer on other parts of the circuit. The suspension data is really helpful because I can run the softest springs that don't bottom out around that area in the conditions. I had quite a big difference across the weekend. Going from 10.25 to 10.00 on the Sunday knocked a second off my lap time but I'm sure that on other days I'd need to stay at 10.25 and many (most?) of the really fast guys are running 10.5.

Last edited:
Spring weight is also a fact of rider weight. I am running 10.25 but I crash through the springs under severe braking and I'm only 9 clicks from max on compression. 90kgs without gear... FML...

Only just seen this post. I'm not sure if we have met in real life or if I'm at Croft yet but do come and say hello at Team Army if so. +1 on getting the time until Melbourne Loop :) I found you need a very stable front end to hold a fast line around there which is at odds to wanting it softer on other parts of the circuit. The suspension data is really helpful because I can run the softest springs that don't bottom out around that area in the conditions. I had quite a big difference across the weekend. Going from 10.25 to 10.00 on the Sunday knocked a second off my lap time but I'm sure that on other days I'd need to stay at 10.25 and many (most?) of the really fast guys are running 10.5.

I saw Army tent but hadnt gone inside. Not sure I will be at Croft. I think Donny and Brands (unless they add Silverstone next year) will be the only 2 tracks where I will race.

I'm running 10.00 ohlins springs, can't say it's a problem with a wrong line out of Melbourne. Need to practice it more. I have no issues braking into, but hitting apex and leaning there is somewhat hit and miss.
Are you really changing front springs while at track ?

Spring weight is also a fact of rider weight. I am running 10.25 but I crash through the springs under severe braking and I'm only 9 clicks from max on compression. 90kgs without gear... FML...

I'm 90 too and I use 10.00 and I'm 8 clicks on pre-load (from fully open)

I saw Army tent but hadnt gone inside. Not sure I will be at Croft. I think Donny and Brands (unless they add Silverstone next year) will be the only 2 tracks where I will race.

I'm running 10.00 ohlins springs, can't say it's a problem with a wrong line out of Melbourne. Need to practice it more. I have no issues braking into, but hitting apex and leaning there is somewhat hit and miss.
Are you really changing front springs while at track ?
Yes I will usually change front springs two or three times over a weekend to get the best use of the available grip. It only takes me ten minutes to do now. Not that many club racers do this but the very fast guys will all do it. I'm interested in the data and setup so I've really got into all this stuff this year.

The Mupo CSP are particularly good because there's no oil so its one less thing to worry about, not that it affects the time taken anyhow. The Mupo 911 just need an allen bolt adjustment to change the spring rate so you dont even need to carry springs but unfortunately there's no room for that system on the high end CSP.

Back