Castrol oil from Amazon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P0u1

Reaction score
I bought a batch of oil of Amazon for a very good price, finally came to use it the other day and noticed the bottles don't have the normal hologram.

Anyone else seen this on the castrol power 1 oil?

Two photos below one is a bottle from halford's the other from Amazon, the one from halford's has the hologram on it.

Attachments

• 20190829_110608.jpg
    20190829_110608.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 20190829_110621.jpg
    20190829_110621.jpg
    942.4 KB · Views: 56
Hi, just for info to anyone.

Shell make some of the best oils/fuels in the world and their Advance Ultra Fully Synthetic 4T is SN/MA2 specified as per BMW, the only difference being 10w 40 not 5w 40, which I'm fine with as my bike doesn't go out in winter. Used by many race teams. Specified in the 16,400 Rev Ducati Panigale V4R...... and usually £24 for 4 litres at Opie Oils. Which is a major bonus. You could change your oil twice as often as say Motul 300V. J

Attachments

• Shell Advance Ultra.pdf
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You could contact Castrol directly and show them pics and emailed them where you bought them. Yes the hologram is not the same. In the second pic it is a simpler version. I also might have been suspicious too.

I've just bought some so I'll check mine tonight and post what I've found.

Looking online there is piracy of all makes of oils.

One suggestion was to scan the QR code on both bottles? See if it takes you to the castor site. J

Last edited:
I'm in communication with Castrol right now but they keep dodging the question, last reply stated the padlock should be reflective, nothing about a hologram though.

I bought a fresh bottle from halford's, the oil colour matches perfectly but behaves quite differently when you swil it about

Back