Dropped My Bike...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elchapoRR

Reaction score
Evening guys,

So for the first time ever, I've dropped a motorbike, my S1000RR... Getting on it at a petrol station after a long day at Silverstone today.

Luckily it hasn't done much in terms of damage... I think my ego is more hurt by it, very embarrassing. There is a bit of cracked fairing and some scuffed carbon / bolts / bar end / rear set peg.

Not sure if the white fairing panel is an expensive replacement?
4dadae5116a5b24aa4cc56f5af02d082.jpg
5f2058068ef2c77cc3b4188f2ddce631.jpg
a4877991a29c2afd1ebd2697a5c6fa4e.jpg
bd182e65094befd466f3c02248a6bbef.jpg
1e684699ef4b088d5a50f18e9555beb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

only thing there thats will cost money is the fairing,everything pennies in comparison (well apart fro the akky cover..)

Gutted and feel where is your ego coming from as I did the same to Ducati Diavel back in the day.

Simon Banting has a great hashtag to all this #itsonlymoney

So BMW Prices for all of those its are:

Fairing: £224.41
Bar End Weight: £26.40
Hero Blob: £5.21
Engine case screw: 90p
Carbon Exhaust Cover: £178.00

Everything can be fixed very cheap and easy. Only fairing needs a little bit of skill. I happens to everyone. The good thing is that damage is minimal and you are fine.

Nothing worse than dropping the bike and then the sound when you pick it up! I dropped my SV650 at a busy junction at 5.15 on on a Friday. My foot slipped on a curb I ended up under it. Happens to everyone at some point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So BMW Prices for all of those its are:

Fairing: £224.41
Bar End Weight: £26.40
Hero Blob: £5.21
Engine case screw: 90p
Carbon Exhaust Cover: £178.00
Thanks Tim. I thought the fairing would be around that price. Got it in for a service next weekend... so will get the bits ordered.

I was wondering if the hero blob could be ordered... it's so minute, but I know it's there and it bugs me. Going to order some Evotech levers and bar ends before next weekend.

the carbon cover should clean up with wet n dry and a coating of clear lacquer.
I hope so, I don't really want to scrap it and buy a new one. The scuffs don't feel like they've gone too deep.

That's gutting man. Happens to everyone at some time or another though.

Good excuse to upgrade to some shiny rear sets though!!!
I have been looking, lol, so much choice out there. The Gilles Tooling rear sets are super nice.

Last edited:
Nothing worse than dropping the bike and then the sound when you pick it up! I dropped my SV650 at a busy junction at 5.15 on on a Friday. My foot slipped on a curb I ended up under it. Happens to everyone at some point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mate, it's gutting. No one helped me pick it up either [emoji23]

Quick update. I've been given a price on the cracked panel from BMW, which is only £100, but it only comes primed, so will have to get it painted and need a new decal, which is about £35 from BMW. So all in all... not as bad as I thought.

Any recommendations on where to get it painted around the Hampshire / Surrey area?

I have been looking, lol, so much choice out there. The Gilles Tooling rear sets are super nice.

My mate is selling a set from his 2016....

From FB...

‎Bryan Ditchburn‎ to Trackday Addicts
8 September at 14:08 ·
BMW S1000RR Gen 3 2016 Gilles adjustable rearsets
£200
Derby
A years use, no damage, looking for a good home

Quick update. I've been given a price on the cracked panel from BMW, which is only £100, but it only comes primed, so will have to get it painted and need a new decal, which is about £35 from BMW. So all in all... not as bad as I thought.

Any recommendations on where to get it painted around the Hampshire / Surrey area?

@budgie will do a great job. You'll have to ship it to him.

- Alex

Back