2018 Decat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1kdom

Reaction score
Hi guys
I know this has been asked before but want some info on the decat of my bike. I have ordered the dominator link pipe which I know I will have to cut the cat out of my bike to fit. Do I need to have the bike remapped and what do I do with the servo cables that go the the back of the cat before the slip on.?

Thanks in advance

Remove the servo cables and just tuck them away. as by default the flap is open. Alternatively you can remove the servo motor completely and plug it with Healtech servo eliminator.

In theory no remap is needed but you would get more gains with PCV or Rapidbike.

Thanks for your advice I will look into a remap but no sure who to use near the West Midlands or if I should get the BMW HP flash.? What are your thoughts.?

What does the servo actually do.?

Thanks for your advice I will look into a remap but no sure who to use near the West Midlands or if I should get the BMW HP flash.? What are your thoughts.?

What does the servo actually do.?
BMW HP flash means permanently changing your ECU, this voids the warranty and can't be undone. It's expensive and only worth doing if you have a Akra or similar racing headers (also keep in mind warranty implications), otherwise you won't get max gain.

Servo motors (front and rear) control butterflies inside the exhaust. I'm not 100% sure what is the underlying physics behind it, but it controls the airflow to conform the emissions.

Thanks for the info sounds like the butterflies can stay open then and not cause any issues,
I’ll look into best places in the midlands to get the map done then I’ll have a search on here see if I can get and recommendations.

Thanks again for your help

I've fitted the Dominator decat to my 2017 bike. I completly removed the servo motor and fitted a Healtech servo eliminator. I also got my bike remapped with a PCV with very good result. I would definitely recommend getting it done.

Rob.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice

If I’m not looking to gain power just a louder tone to the exhaust do I need to get it mapped or will the bike adjust the AF mixture to suit the exhaust or do I need to get it mapped to run right to the exhaust.?

Thanks for the advice

If I’m not looking to gain power just a louder tone to the exhaust do I need to get it mapped or will the bike adjust the AF mixture to suit the exhaust or do I need to get it mapped to run right to the exhaust.?
In theory bike will adjust mixture to suit the fuel map that was created for OE exhaust with cat. On top of that you also have servo motors that were designed to work with a cat airflow and not with a straight pipe.

All in all no idea how will it all work together.

Back