Hello, Good Evening and Welcome

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanelad

Reaction score
Hi, old geezer from the Thames Valley here. Been wobbling around on a variety of sportsbikes for years. Now riding a Z1000 (it's me back that seen me move to an upright bike) mainly for commuting to work. Got a Laverda in the shed for track use. I'm going to view an early S1000RR tomorrow. Always had a hankering for one, they looks superb in my opinion and I've decided that perhaps I should get one before the big sleep catches up with me.

Welcome.

Laverda isn't a brand I had come across either. I see they were absorbed by Aprilia, then Piaggio. I've had a quick google and am still not sure which one you'd track but it matters not, as long as it's fun.
The S1000RR you're viewing, do you have the advert to share? We could maybe advise on it. There are 4 main generations. I assume you'll be viewing a Gen1?

I can't seem to copy the link to the website, but it's Onyerbike.net/deals/u19571/?gg=5800

Thanks.

Haha loved the opening comment about wobbling about....

A guy I knew really well who had a belter of a Laverda Jota he bought new in 1980, amazing sound of it, it was so different and exotic compared to the usual GS1000s, CB750 and CB900s his mates had... exact same as this
25767ecc9a01519c22b9e9575d1fdccd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The reg number is VO10FVJ if it helps.

Had a quick look at it this afternoon, but the sales staff were busy and I didnt have a lot of time. It seems small. I'm tall and no racing snake, I did feel as if I was l perched on it. Leg room was an issue too. Somewhat cramped and that's without leathers tightening things up more.

I'll go back in the week when tnings are quieter and see what they would offer for the Z in part exchange.

It did look gorgeous though. Who needs practically and comfort?

Can't see it mate... websites very poor for navigation...copy and paste the direct listing link

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

A belated welcome to the forum!

Any updates on the RR front?

Hope you’ve joined the Bavarian team and that you’re enjoying the Summer?
As Stuart says, the bike in the advert looks good.

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

- Oli

Back