Decided to get the s1000r

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmark21

Reaction score
Hi fellas. Took the plunge and got a grey 17 plate s1000r. Sold the v4 tuono factory and replaced it with a 18 cb1000r. Was a cracking bike but I missed the speed of the factory so went and got the bmw. So far I'm very happy but as u know looking at modifications already. On the to do list is probs a powertech slip on, tail tidy not sure on this one and will try seek help on which one and maybe some rubber foot pegs.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new R!

What was your favourite experience on your Tuono and what was the ownership experience like?
What initially steered you towards the Honda before the BMW?

With regard to tail tidies, I highly recommend the EvoTech product as the are superb quality. Whatever you do, avoid R&G as they rust appallingly (has happened to several on here, myself included).

Where are you based?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you onboard your new steed [emoji41]

- Oli

Thanks for the warm welcome.
The Tuono was a brilliant bike. Was the 68 model so no electronic suspension but had the digi dash QS akra etc. Was the best bike I ever owned regarding thrills, speed, handling etc. Done everything very well. I toured to the picos, pyrenees and Barcelona on it and never skipped a beat. Very comfy and excellent on the motorway 90plus. Havnt ridden the S1R much yet. As I only covered a 60 miles to get home yesterday after buying it. Both are very rapid. Tuono more planted less vibration nigh on perfect engine. Grunt everywhere. S1R has a fizzier top end and wants to lift front more often tho. Hands down tho that tuono sounded better. Iv ridden my mates mt10sp and I'd say the S1R pips it for speed but the mt10 engine was a peach. Like a slightly watered down tuono v4. I racked too many miles on the tuono so she had to go before she depreciated like a bomb. I decided I wanted a 2 bike garage to share the miles so got a capanord and sold the tuono for a cb1000r. I really wanted a fast retro looking bike and the z900rs was a lovely bike to ride just obv down on power from what I was used too so the honda took it. But I started missing power and sold the capanord for a ktm SAdventure S 1290. That made the Honda feel lacklustre esp down low and I just never related to it. Lovely looking bike but I didnt love it as much as I thought I shoudlv. Didnt want an mt10sp as my friend has one and would love a superduke R but I already had a ktm. Nothing else out there in that category.

Yes regarding the evo tech tail tidy it's quite pricey but do you use the standard indicators and light and is there any cutting of wires necessary?

Live in the north east newcastle way. If theres any meets or rides out around the north I'm up for it. Happily do a 8 hr ride out ????????

Back