Chain lube for track

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavD101

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone uses on the track for chain lube? I use WD40s Motorcyle chain lube and on the road it is fine, doesn't fling or collect too much debris. But on the track it literally turns to butter and makes a proper mess around the front sprocket etc. (almost looks like an oil leak)

I am thinking of the Wurth dry lube, what other people's opinion?

Cheers

Gav

I can only comment about road use. Been using wurth for a good few years, but ran out last week, and got a tin of muc off.

I've said for a long time that wurth is great, based on no grime sticking to it, no fling, and overspray cleans off easily.
After putting the muc off on at the weekend, the bike is feeling much smoother, and gear changes feel nicer as well. I was quite surprised at such a noticeable difference, especially when wurth is so highly regarded by most.

I have come across some wurth dry lube haters elsewhere as apparently they think it doesn?t lube properly as it?s a wax and allegedly is rubbish in winter etc. All I can say is it?s the best stuff I?ve used and makes keeping your chain and the back of your bike looking clean and tidy a doddle.

Scottoiler for me, keeps the chain nice and wet and the whole thing smooth. Very seldom need to adjust the chain. When I get to the track, just turn it off completely. Makes a right mess (but never on the tyre) but I don?t care and don?t bother cleaning it up apart from a jet wash once a year.

Nice one guys, looks like switch to Wurth...will be worth it (no pun intended). Good link there Oli, interesting with what they are saying. Anyway I need to wait until the bike comes back from BMW after it a decided to have a wobbly yesterday and went into Limp home mode.

Wurth dry lube. Over 20k from a chain on the road lubing every 450 miles (weekly) all weathers says it?s good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dry lube for me...their helmet cleaner is also the best I've ever used...

Couple of 150 mil tins less than 12 quid online...
2fad1cd694942e18b68ccf2a7e55dd35.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Interesting video. That's the same muc off that I used at the weekend and made the bike feel smoother. The guys tests must be quite representative of real world, or at least the way he measures the friction.

Glad I'm not imagining it feeling better. Shame it is rubbish at preventing corrosion

Iv found wurth dirt.

On road I used to use engine oil with a brush on inside of chain. And with that I used to adjust chain as I replaced tires. So 1600 miles.

Track rk chain once a year and never lube it. Occasionally rub of a cloth. And I never have to adjust and never have any stuck links.

I've gone with Wurth after giving the chain a good degrease and clean...so much crap had built up around the front sprocket and cover. Hopefully now with Wurth it will be a lot cleaner.

Electronic ScottOiler for me. Used ScottOilers since the 80's. Basically fit and forget. Never needed to tighten the chain.

Love 'em.

I always use gear oil it was recommended in an old Haynes manual. I must try the Wurth spray I noticed the manual advises to use a spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear oil, I always think twice before I commit to saying anything on here! There is so much knowledge on this forum it's scary. 35 years ago I was told to use gear oil? Wurth is decent, but whether it's better than gear oil.........
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Back