Wheel Chock

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreudianSlip

Reaction score
I?m planning on doing a quick trip to Portugal in October with the missus, but she?s not comfortable about being pillion for such a distance, so the plan is to take the bulkhead and rear seats out of my van and transport the bike in the back. It?s a DCIV Transit Custom LWB but the rear seats take up too much room (max 1.8 metres bulkhead to door) and I?m not confident about arsing about trying to get the bike on the diagonal.

I?ve never done anything like this before, and I dont want to bugger it up, so can anyone give me some advice on front (and maybe rear?) wheel chocks that I can bolt to the floor of the van. Links would be useful as I really dont want to buy the wrong ones. Ideally I?d like to be able to relatively easily fit and remove the chocks so I can replace the seats and bulkhead on my return.

Ta for any info.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/362303052867
These are mint if this is the type of thing your looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is the chock we use for our track bikes and this tyre down. saves loading up the suspension too much for long periods of time. i have this set up in my van and another in my box trailer and never had any issues at all.

MMFGkdd.jpg

My son and I took our two bikes in a van to Scotland and back in June. We used Abba stands. Put the bikes each on their own Abba stands with the front wheel touching the back of the cab and strapped the front wheel to the front bulkhead through the built in metal loops in the van and strapped the Abba stand to the floor and braced the Abba stands to each wall with large strops and ratchets through the built in loops in the van, about 5 strops for each bike and both bikes never moved and no issues all - no marks scratches or worries.

Back