fault code

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vro551

Reaction score
Hi there, I was resetting my service warning and noticed that there is a fault code 21FA21, tried to reset it but to no avail. Using the Hex code interface, is there a way to get rid of this code

The rear one yes, as the exhaust is not original. Not sure if the connector has been unplugged from the servo. Which leads to another question, does it has to be connected to reset the fault code, and where the heck is it, so compact and full of .....

Looks like the servo has been moved out of alignment while removing the cables...

The only foolproof way to get rid of this code is to remove the servo and get a servo buddy to plug in in it's place.

The servo is still connected to the ecu, only the exhaust valve was eliminated as the y piece have been replaced , also its de-cat too. Could this lead to a fuelling problem? The bikes stutters a bit when running idle and in gear, opening the throttle cures the problem. Will the servo buddy be the definite cure??

Fault Code

All a Servo Buddy will do is fool the ECU into thinking that the exhaust servo is still fitted allowing its removal. It will not cure poor fuelling most likely caused by the installation of a decat pipe. You will need to buy a fuel module (RapidBike etc) and get the bike properly tuned to fix that issue.

Re: Fault Code

Servo eliminator ordered. The fuel module will require dyno runs?

Servo eliminator ordered. The fuel module will require dyno runs?
No, but to get the best results it's adviseable.

Rapidbike comes with a map built for full akra.
PCV normally comes empty.

Mine is part standard headers, decat yee piece and AR slip on

Mine is part standard headers, decat yee piece and AR slip on

You can always email AR and ask if they have maps for PCV.

Rapidbike will work fine (I had it running on OEM '16 headers + Scorpion exhaust).

will this cure my problem
boosterplug1.jpg

Tuning

I suspect not. Personally, I am pretty sceptical of products like this which claim to do all sorts of ?marvellous? things simply by plugging them in. You may want to have a look at the U.S. Forum as several posters have stated that it did nothing at all once plugged in.

The best advice would be to put the bike on a Dyno in order to check the fuelling. This way you will know exactly what the problem is and the operator will be able to advise you on whether you need to fit a suitable fuel module etc.

If i'm not wrong there are onyl 2 bike dynos where i live, and i wouldn't trust any of the so called tuners, so i just have to live up with the jerky idling on low gears. Doesn't happen alot

Hi, even if you keep the servo connected the servo will eventually go out of sync due to vibration. It throws up the error code but nothing on the dash and doesn't affect the bike in any way. Lots of threads on the subject.

servo buddy in the post so fault code will be reset. The other complaint is the jerky idle on low gears which must have started when i decat the bike

Back