1st service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ringlow

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering what people are paying for the first service, I?m in Manchester area & had a quote of ?224.00 for oil, filter, brake fluid

Consumables off that would be 60 oil, 11 k&n filter, 12 fluid - roughly 85. 139 left is work, which if I take London prices - 60, 2.3hrs.

Not too unreasonable.

Ring another dealer and compare? I had the air filter changed at the same time as it was a 6000 mile requirement and I had done 4800 miles at the time. I think I paid over ?360 in total with VAT and a deep clean

I?ll phone around, oil & filter/ brake fluid is about ?70.00, just thought the labour was a bit steep, especially when i know it?s not a major service.

Consumables off that would be 60 oil, 11 k&n filter, 12 fluid - roughly 85. 139 left is work, which if I take London prices - 60, 2.3hrs.

Not too unreasonable.
Labour rates even in rural Norfolk are MORE than ?60 PER hour !! Plus 20% vat?? So ?224 Not unexpected.

Indeed London Park Lane is ~?100+vat

- Alex

ha. sorry about that. I used 60 as what Bob usually charges me at FWR.

to be honest, if I was doing 1st service, I would do everything myself and then pop up to the dealer to reset RPM limiter that takes 5mins.

Last edited:
Well, after reading yours comments I phoned the dealers back & booked it in for service.This time I was told it will be ?200.00 all in, good result , if they stick to it.I don?t understand how the price can go down :smug:

Well, after reading yours comments I phoned the dealers back & booked it in for service.This time I was told it will be £200.00 all in, good result , if they stick to it.I don’t understand how the price can go down :smug:

I use Manchester bmw
And have been ok so far on the prices to say it’s bmw.
I Always try to get my money’s worth by drinking all there coffee.
Always ask for a bit of discount
Don’t ask ya don’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back