First post - Trackday on S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPN

Reaction score
Hi guys, my first welcome post here! I'm a 29 year old male living in the Netherlands. Currently I drive a 2018 S1000R. With the launch of the gen 4 S1000RR here in the Netherlands, BMW NL launched a contest with a 2-day track day as a reward. Lady luch was on my side, because I won that track day!!

21st and 22nd of August I will be racing at the MotoGP circuit in Assen (NL), so as a preperation I just thought I'd stop by this forum and have a look around. First time ever on a racetrack and also the first time on a superbike. Sooo excited! :race2_smilie:

Honestly, I have never been so excited in my life! Will take it slow the first time for sure. Thanks guys!

Congratulations on winning the trackday. Assen is supposed to be one of the best tracks in the world so an awesome one to go to. I really want to go there.

Relax and enjoy it. Make sure the bike has good rubber and a brake pads. Try to talk to the organizers so they can help you in the 1st day a bit more.

Tyre pressure is probaby the most important thing that new guys get wrong. Buy a tyre pressure gauge and set pressures before going out and (very importantly) when you get back in as the tyre pressure will go up when they get hot on track and if you are going fast it can be dangerous if you leave high road pressures in there at the beginning of a track day. Keep an eye on it through the day and remember to put it back up

A belated welcome to the forum and congratulations on winning the track day!

I hope you had an excellent time and that enjoy the forum [emoji41]

- Oli

Back