NEW MEMBER FROM BURTON ON TRENT - UK - waiting for a gen4 RR SPORT

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevR

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
I have been lurking for a while. Another new member awaiting delivery of new bike. I have ordered a S1000RR SPORT , which will mainly be used for trackdays.
This will be my first ever new BMW .
I decided to buy the BMW after having an Aprilia RSV4 RF for a couple of years , which regularly broke down, spoiling several European track days. I was lucky enough to be able to use a friends HP4 whenever the RSV4 broke down , so kind of got used to the BMW , without ever owning 1.
The final straw for the RSV4 was at Aragon in May , when I broke a valve spring.
I ordered the BMW in early May from Pidcocks in Long Eaton, was originally advised delivery in July.
As yet , like most Gen 4 buyers , I have no idea when I will be getting the bike.
Thought seriously about cancelling the order and buying a GSXR1000 , but decided against it , and decided to persevere with the BMW.
I have a couple of track days booked at Snetterton and Angelsey , which I will be doing on my touring bike - S1000XR.
Quite looking forward to how the XR goes as a track bike.
I may well be a large mobile chicane.

Kev

Welcome to the forum Kev and congratulations on your Gen 4 order!

Great introduction. Sorry to hear of your poor RSV4 ownership experience, IMO you?re absolutely making the right decision waiting for the Gen 4.

What has been your favourite experience onboard your XR?
Be interesting to hear your feedback on how well it fairs post track-day. BvG was impressed with how capable they are, given the nature of the bike.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you, in due course, onboard your fantastic BMW bikes [emoji41]

- Oli

Hi Oli
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Looking forward to getting the new BM , just frustrated with the wait and lack of information.
The RSV4 was a great bike to ride , just let down by its reliability.
The XR is great , I have just come back from riding it around Tuscany and the Black Forest for 2 weeks, its easy to ride , quick anf comfortable.
Really looking forward to getting the XR on track , I watched the video of BvG on track , he was going well on it.
I have got 2 days at snetterton on 12/13th Aug . I will let you know how I got on.

Kev

Back