M Sport first ride out

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novacaine99

Reaction score
Finally picked up this Tuesday after waiting an eternity after deposit went down, the first one from the dealership...? weather was awful with a shite deluge of weather front pulling out of the showroom. The 16 mile or so journey home was in rain mode and very tentative with the new tyres (Michelin Power RS), home, bike mopped up and locked away, now just waiting for a day of sunshine for a proper razz out. Home from work early today with the forecast saying slight chance of rain so bike out and off to Crossgates Wales with a mate on his SP1 for a cuppa at the bike friendly caf?. First impressions of the bike in Road and Dynamic modes were stunning even with the 9K rev limiter on. Gear change quick shifter and blipper seamless, TFT display awsum. After riding a MV F4RR the past two years the new bike felt much lighter and so much easier to handle...? like a 600cc. 180miles now on her awaiting the 500 mile mark for 1st service and bye bye restrictor. Like so many have said neutral is a little hard to find, found this easier getting from second gear apposed to first, hopefully this will get better once bedded in and oil change at the 500mile first service. Those of you waiting for one (along time I know for some of you) believe me it's well worth the wait, an AWSUM beautiful machine even with the dead flies all over it :)

Finally picked up this Tuesday after waiting an eternity after deposit went down, the first one from the dealership...? weather was awful with a shite deluge of weather front pulling out of the showroom. The 16 mile or so journey home was in rain mode and very tentative with the new tyres (Michelin Power RS), home, bike mopped up and locked away, now just waiting for a day of sunshine for a proper razz out. Home from work early today with the forecast saying slight chance of rain so bike out and off to Crossgates Wales with a mate on his SP1 for a cuppa at the bike friendly caf?. First impressions of the bike in Road and Dynamic modes were stunning even with the 9K rev limiter on. Gear change quick shifter and blipper seamless, TFT display awsum. After riding a MV F4RR the past two years the new bike felt much lighter and so much easier to handle...? like a 600cc. 180miles now on her awaiting the 500 mile mark for 1st service and bye bye restrictor. Like so many have said neutral is a little hard to find, found this easier getting from second gear apposed to first, hopefully this will get better once bedded in and oil change at the 500mile first service. Those of you waiting for one (along time I know for some of you) believe me it's well worth the wait, an AWSUM beautiful machine even with the dead flies all over it :)

Well done with your 180 miles - I?ve managed 50, well 40 - given the 10 that was on it when it arrived (how many PDI miles have others had?). However, I?ve done enough to know it?s special - like Jos? Mourinho used to be ????????????

crossgates in my local first Pitt stop. might see you up there some time. :) im on a m sport gen 3 this year, gen 4 next. :)

Yes of course - Gen 3 M Sport, mine?s just gone in PX. Memory?s gone to sh!te.

Mines had 3 miles from the PDI when I collected it

The buggers must?ve gone out for a joy ride on mine then. Last new bike I got was a 2000 blade that had 1 on. Arr well - at least it?s arrived!

Wouldn't worry too much mate, maybe there was something not 100% that they wanted to tweak or get right that required another test ride. 10 miles is nothing

Normally they are obligated to do a test ride before they deliver the bike.

I was made keen to get a ride in when it turned up but the weather was not playing ball, so seeing 10 miles on it without me managing a single bloody yard prompted a micro PTSD event - I?ve now had sufficient trauma counselling to allow me to at least consider thoughts about living a normal life again. I?m not convinced this journey?s been any less demanding than the 2 batch-runs that led to the production of my kids......stick order in, order confirmation, wait, wait longer, time to push yet? NO!, push, no wait, just pant, it?s here, crack on!!

We had a GS turn up last week with 24 miles on it. The PDI centre that our bikes come from always have from 5-10 miles on them. They do one junction of the A1 on the test ride loop, but unfortunately they closed the junction so he had to go to the next one and divert back.

We have know them to avoid standing traffic where possible, so up to 10 miles isn't uncommon.

Back