AGV Pista

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GP or GP-R?

In a nutshell: it is a light weight, aerodynamically stable, good looking and venting helmet with good visibility.
However, being fully carbon fibre (not just a single layer) it is louder than traditional sport helmets. Furthermore, there are no cutouts for intercom speakers.

As a track day/race lid it is great. But for road riding the lack of speaker cutouts and non switchable vents compromise it.

The GP has a significant visor/pin-lock design issue, that was addressed in the GP-R (see final section of linked review for more information)

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?10698-AGV-Pista-GP-R-Review-(From-a-former-Pista-GP-owner)

- Oli

Last edited:
GP or GP-R?

In a nutshell: it is a light weight, aerodynamically stable, good looking and venting helmet with good visibility.
However, being fully carbon fibre (not just a single layer) it is louder than traditional sport helmets. Furthermore, there are no cutouts for intercom speakers.

As a track day/race lid it is great. But for road riding the lack of speaker cutouts and non switchable vents compromise it.

The GP has a significant visor/pin-lock design issue, that was addressed in the GP-R (see final section of linked review for more information)

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?10698-AGV-Pista-GP-R-Review-(From-a-former-Pista-GP-owner)

- Oli

GP-R.

I have an AGV K5 at the moment, with a a GoPro mounted to the front and it's just too heavy. It's giving me neck pains. I've read your review, but do you think the GP-R is a sensible helmet for day to day riding with a GoPro mounted to it? I always wear in-ear earphones anyway so the noise shouldn't be an issue and neither should the lack of bays for speakers.

my mate has the gp carbon. its heavier than you think. in fact heavier than his new arai rx7. the vents are useless, yes good amount of ventilation but useless removable rubber bungs to open and close vents, so he lost his in the first week of owning it. im guessing the newer one is better.

GP-R.

I have an AGV K5 at the moment, with a a GoPro mounted to the front and it's just too heavy. It's giving me neck pains. I've read your review, but do you think the GP-R is a sensible helmet for day to day riding with a GoPro mounted to it? I always wear in-ear earphones anyway so the noise shouldn't be an issue and neither should the lack of bays for speakers.

I don?t think it?s an ideal helmet to use day-to-day, or mount a GoPro to.
There are other sport helmets on the market that are far better suited to road use. Even though you use in-ear earbuds, you?ll still find it preferable to have a quieter helmet that has switchable air vents.

my mate has the gp carbon. its heavier than you think. in fact heavier than his new arai rx7. the vents are useless, yes good amount of ventilation but useless removable rubber bungs to open and close vents, so he lost his in the first week of owning it. im guessing the newer one is better.

They supply two sets of plugs in the box, a good bit of forward planning from the Italians lol [emoji2957]
The Corsa/Corsa R has conventional, switchable air vents and is targeted more towards road use.

Look at a Shoei X Spirit 3, can?t fault mine

Agreed, with the complimentary comfort liner options available, the fit can cater to a range of head shapes.
If I was in the market for a new helmet @noxx , I would try an X Spirit 3 first [emoji1303]

Last edited:
Let?s say I am a retard and would only consider AGV; what would you recommend now? :))

GP-R.

It's probably the aerodynamics of the Go Pro pushing the chin down. I was a massive Arai fan till I bought a Carbon X-Lite 802RR... wouldn't go back now, everything better than an Arai. But even on a really light lid, the Gopro will have the same effect. If you put it on the side of the lid, the wind drag will twist your head, chin..... down, top ....up. Pencil style cams have a lot less surface area.

Last edited:
Thanks lads. Just pulled the trigger on the Shoei X-Spirit 3 (MM 93 Edition) :)

all most the same this is my second X spirit 3, great lid. light and good vision. i came from 3 x arai rx7gp's but the vision out of the shoei is much better. especially for road riding.

vbG9II8.jpg

Last edited:
Back