My Gen 4 M Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And cracked wheels and stuff. Not serious at all [emoji23]

Very poor build quality on the gen 4 and it?s not just me that?s saying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one uses CF wheels on track anyway. I bet they are made for Americans to show off at Miami beach roads.

BSB now allows usage of CF wheels, but the rules are they reserve a right to confiscate them after a crash.

Got a 2015 gen 3 with 6k miles on it that?s not worn off.

Got a 2018 R1M with 4K miles and it?s not worn off.

Yet a year old bike with 2k miles is worn.

My 2015 Gen 3 has 8000 miles and paint is asit came out of the factory.

It?s a quality issue

My 2015 Gen 3 has done 8000 miles and the paintwork is as though it has just come off the production line. Mint.

I was at EK last week getting my bike serviced and the topic of the Gen 4 came up - I mentioned my concern at the various issues you've shared on the forum and concerns over warranty claims etc, my personal opinion is that they view your bike as a 'track bike' given the trackwork you've posted between Spain and the UK - I'm not agreeing with it - just stating my observations....

I wonder if that information/view went into the case the dealer raised with bmw uk?

Whilst on this thread, @carson what happened with your leaking front fork seals?

I wonder if that information/view went into the case the dealer raised with bmw uk?

Whilst on this thread, @carson what happened with your leaking front fork seals?

The dealers told me if I?m not happy with it I?ve to take it up with BMW UK directly. I can?t be bothered at the minute. I?ve had enough of all the aggro with it back and forth.
I?ll probably just put it down to bad experience and trade it in next year.
If I hadn?t just bought the R1M then I?d have changed it this year.

The bike went in to have the seals looked at. Turns out that it was grease from behind the dust seal?? They cleaned them out and it doesn?t seem to have leaked since.

I was at EK last week getting my bike serviced and the topic of the Gen 4 came up - I mentioned my concern at the various issues you've shared on the forum and concerns over warranty claims etc, my personal opinion is that they view your bike as a 'track bike' given the trackwork you've posted between Spain and the UK - I'm not agreeing with it - just stating my observations....

It?s been on track 3 days in Alcarr?s and 1 day at Oulton since I got it.

The bikes in full road trim and only ever been in road trim. Wither it?s used on track or not is irrelevant to the issues it?s suffered.

Would be nice if the dealer spoke to me about these issues instead of discussing it with others.

The guys at the dealers are well aware that this bikes not a track bike as I use them for spares for my gen 3 track bike that they know I have solely for track.

I?m fuming that they?re discussing this with customers and not brought it up with me first.

The guys at the dealers are well aware that this bikes not a track bike as I use them for spares for my gen 3 track bike that they know I have solely for track.

I?m fuming that they?re discussing this with customers and not brought it up with me first.

Please re-read what I said - it was my opinion due to a general discussion about Gen 4 issues - in particular when I mentioned the amount of problems you have had - I didn't even mention your name, I merely said a guy on a forum that I use. They did not specifically say that they had rejected warranty claims due to track use but they are well aware that you use it on track.

Last edited:
Carbon Fibre Wheels

BSB now allows usage of CF wheels, but the rules are they reserve a right to confiscate them after a crash.

Correct; but they are only permitted in the STK class for 2020 and only if they are a homologated part. That said I doubt many riders/teams will use them though given the cost of replacements.

Please re-read what I said - it was my opinion due to a general discussion about Gen 4 issues - in particular when I mentioned the amount of problems you have had - I didn't even mention your name, I merely said a guy on a forum that I use. They did not specifically say that they had rejected warranty claims due to track use but they are well aware that you use it on track.

It?s pretty clear that they?ve said something to you regarding my bike being on track.

The fact is the bike did 3 days on track in October in Spain and the issues were reported well before I did the last day on it (only last week) at Oulton.

I?ll speak to the manager on Monday and find out exactly what is being said regarding the bike and put them straight on the bikes use. It?s been in a dealers for 6 months of the year that I?ve had it so I?ve not had much time to get all this ?track time? in.

Trackday Use

To be honest it should be irrelevant whether or not it?s done a couple of days on track. It?s a superbike designed for that purpose and not a tourer.

My ?track bike? has another cracked rear carbon wheel.

This ones done about 500 miles since the front and rear were both replaced and the nearest it?s been to a track was going over a level crossing.

Not interested in the normal shit that goes on here when something?s said against BMW. Only posting it as a heads up to anyone thinking of buying an M Sport with carbon wheels...just don?t.

Where is the crack? Is it the spoke/rim join area per the earlier faults?

The exact same failure as before. Round the hub between the spokes.

Even though there?s suppose to have been an updated wheel in November last year.

Doesn?t mean that the replacement wheels that they fitted to my bike in May were the updated wheels right enough

has carson been banned or has he just left? i must have missed something somehwere to warrant a ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back