My Gen 4 M Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not one thing it's another with this bike. Got a leaking fork seal now FFS!

thumbnail_IMG_4531.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4532.jpg

How have BMW managed to get the Gen 4 build quality so wrong?

No idea mate but I've lost faith in BMW UK customer service after the wheel fiasco so I really can't be arsed arguing with them over this now.

So in the 11 months I've had it there's been an issue with the brakes binding, 3 months in a dealers in Spain having the oil cooler done, the shark gill panel snapped (was charged for even though I know guys in the UK had theirs replaced under warranty), loose switchgear on the left, a software update, leaking brake callipers, cracked rear wheel and now a leaking fork seal.

If you?re spending top dollar on a new bike then you expect them to bend over backwards to fix any issues. I would expect teething problems with a new model but reading all of the Gen 4 owners faults this is a joke and for a premium brand like BMW it?s unacceptable. I did hear BMW were on a cost cutting exercise.

I've no issue with the dealer mate, they've been really good with me but I feel sorry for them. BMW have left the out to dry and having had to deal with BMW UK over the wheel issue you can tell that they're not interested. Their emails are uninformative and patronising which adds to the frustration already there. They basically said that they let their dealers fix the issues and took nothing to do with me.

its unacceptable and I feel your pain ,is it not worth contacting trading standards or similar
I would have lost faith in the bike by now and wanted to give it back

Bikes going in next Wednesday to be looked at. Dealer can?t order the seals until they perform a ?bump? test as per BMW procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW have refused to cover the paint issues on the main frame and subframe so I?ll probably trade it in next year now

Paint issues from what?

Paints rubbing off the main frame and sub frame. BMW have said it?s not a manufacturing problem.

Might not be a manufacturing issue but it?s certainly a quality issue

Its wearing off from contact with the rider, thats why its not a defect

- Alex

Got a 2015 gen 3 with 6k miles on it that?s not worn off.

Got a 2018 R1M with 4K miles and it?s not worn off.

Yet a year old bike with 2k miles is worn.

It?s a quality issue

I think the Gen 4 has been built to a very tight budget. Shame.

And cracked wheels and stuff. Not serious at all [emoji23]

Very poor build quality on the gen 4 and it?s not just me that?s saying it.

BMW have refused to cover the paint issues on the main frame and subframe so I?ll probably trade it in next year now

I was at EK last week getting my bike serviced and the topic of the Gen 4 came up - I mentioned my concern at the various issues you've shared on the forum and concerns over warranty claims etc, my personal opinion is that they view your bike as a 'track bike' given the trackwork you've posted between Spain and the UK - I'm not agreeing with it - just stating my observations....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back