My Gen 4 M Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
Thought I?d start a new thread on my own bike as I?m going to start getting some bits and pieces for it soon.
Probably already seen some pictures of it in various threads but here it is:

d3c02d21905053741e6d75512d57d855.jpg

0d1d74e08ef13e058950bbcea51d271f.jpg

d364f139737dc3355cdb0488753fe07f.jpg

Picked it up at the end of June as promised and done about 1200 miles on it now. Having come from a Ducati 1299S as my main road bike then it was quite a big change for me but I?m loving it.

I?ll update this thread as I add bits to it. So far only thing I?ve bought is some Evotech paddock stand bobbins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I?d start a new thread on my own bike as I?m going to start getting some bits and pieces for it soon.
Probably already seen some pictures of it in various threads but here it is:

d3c02d21905053741e6d75512d57d855.jpg

0d1d74e08ef13e058950bbcea51d271f.jpg

d364f139737dc3355cdb0488753fe07f.jpg

Picked it up at the end of June as promised and done about 1200 miles on it now. Having come from a Ducati 1299S as my main road bike then it was quite a big change for me but I?m loving it.

I?ll update this thread as I add bits to it. So far only thing I?ve bought is some Evotech paddock stand bobbins

I've gone from a Ducati V4 to the M Sport. How do you find it compared to the Panigale? I'm finding it a lot more "road" friendly.

It's much smoother than the Ducati that's for sure and a lot less hard work. It took me absolutely ages to get used to my 1299S and I almost got rid of it because I couldn't get on with it to start with and then I just clicked and never looked back. The Beemer was different, it was so easy to ride from the start, although I'm still getting used to the higher revs and how quickly it spins ups compared to the Ducati.
I've got an 899 track bike that I really really like and get on with, but now I'm thinking of selling it as after riding the Beemer I'm struggling to adjust to the V twin again.

Bike looks superb, are you getting vibes through the bars or is it a non issue?

Bike looks superb, are you getting vibes through the bars or is it a non issue?

Yeah I'm getting the vibes through the bars and a little through the pegs but mainly at lower speeds and when you start nicking on you don't seem to notice them as much. I'm more concerned about the ticking or tapping noise but it seems common on them from what I've read on another thread.

I actually think my right hand fork seal is weeping a little. I'll need to keep an eye on it

Hi Carson,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the bike. There seems to be a lot of cam noise from these bikes as you mention. Our demo is now on over 2000 miles and seems be quietening down slightly.

Regarding your fork seal, you may find (unless you're missing a chunk out of the swept area of the stanchion) that it's the assembly grease they use. This was a well known thing with previous generations. Last week when it was really hot our demo did exactly this after it was ridden. The grease melted and just oozed past the dust seals and looked just like the start of the seals failing. A strip and clean and it's all good.

Just my 2p. Wishing you many happy miles :)

Hi Carson,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the bike. There seems to be a lot of cam noise from these bikes as you mention. Our demo is now on over 2000 miles and seems be quietening down slightly.

Regarding your fork seal, you may find (unless you're missing a chunk out of the swept area of the stanchion) that it's the assembly grease they use. This was a well known thing with previous generations. Last week when it was really hot our demo did exactly this after it was ridden. The grease melted and just oozed past the dust seals and looked just like the start of the seals failing. A strip and clean and it's all good.

Just my 2p. Wishing you many happy miles :)

Thanks Tim, would make sense. Like I said I?ll keep an eye on it. It?s not a leak more just a small area at the bottom of the leg that?s wet.

Thought I?d update this thread just to keep it all relevant to my bike since doing a couple of upgrades in what?s almost a year of owner ship.

First up was the GB Racing engine covers, BMW blanking kit for the mirrors and number plate hanger and Evotech axle bobbins before I took it to Alcarr?s for 3 days last year:

366d7abe04f43f8761949ae02610397b.jpg

I didn?t actually do much to it after that, in fact I didn?t do anything to it because of the issues with the oil cooler and brakes.

I was booked for Jerez in February but the brakes were leaking and I didn?t get a chance to ride it. Instead I used the gen 3 for the whole trip.

Ordered a DB Moto tail tidy from eBay and must admit I?m well impressed. It cost ?57 delivered and when I fitted it there was a warning light on the dash for the number plate light. I contacted DB Moto who said they were working on a fix and would be in touch. A week later a new number plate LED arrived. Plugged it in and whoopee no warning light. I?d recommend it to anyone and much cheaper than the alternatives.

302abd420c21a483e1429756af873aba.jpg

80fc9f99efca624c9b8a6c54bc3acdd1.jpg

The next mod/upgrade was the hardest to decide on...the new exhaust. It was at this point I was considering getting rid of the bike because of the issues I?ve had and I was constantly arguing with BMW UK over the latest issue of a cracked carbon rear wheel.

I decided that I was going to keep the bike so in order to cheer myself up I went for the full Akrapovic stainless system and carbon can. There?s so many nice systems for this bike and it was a struggle to make my mind up but I?m well happy with it.
It looks even better in real life.

12647b7e3607ece86586766400596ebf.jpg

The final upgrade was a set of rearsets. I wouldn?t normally bother on a road bike but that exhaust bracket on the OEM rearsets looks hideous with that exhaust so I picked up some Gilles FXR rearsets and I think they really go well with the bike.

Can?t upload anymore pictures on Tapatalk unless I pay for anupgrade and sod that.

I?ll post the pictures of the rearsets next month [emoji23]

You shouldn't need to pay...maybe it's tapatalk...what does the message say ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You shouldn't need to pay...maybe it's tapatalk...what does the message say ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It?s tapatalk.

Can?t upload pictures from my laptop on the website. It just says upload failed every time.

It?s tapatalk.

Can?t upload pictures from my laptop on the website. It just says upload failed every time.

Email me the details, i,e. OS, browser, what file you are trying to upload, any screenshots of the process and errors so it can be looked in to. The email is admin at s1000rr dot co dot uk

cheers.

Email me the details, i,e. OS, browser, what file you are trying to upload, any screenshots of the process and errors so it can be looked in to. The email is admin at s1000rr dot co dot uk

cheers.

Sent an email mate

Looking well that mate. What's the full system like noise wise and did you have it remapped.

It?s pretty loud with the baffle in. Not tried it with the baffle yet though.

I only fitted it last week so not had a chance to remap it yet but I will

It?s pretty loud with the baffle in. Not tried it with the baffle yet though.

I only fitted it last week so not had a chance to remap it yet but I will

get rs2e

Looking good mate. The bike that is, not you! :smile-new:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back