Removing screws from quickshifter ball head

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
I'm trying to remove screws from quickshifter ball head, but they stuck in it on thread-locker.

Any ideas how can I remove them ?

Quickshifter Bolt

It should loosen if you apply a bit of heat. Just be very careful that you don?t round the bolt when trying to remove it.

They are chocolate. I used Irwin Vise grips and replaced them with stainless hex bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Quickshifter Bolt

It should loosen if you apply a bit of heat. Just be very careful that you don?t round the bolt when trying to remove it.
Tried the heat, but no luck. It just spinning together with the ball inside. Tried hammering it, doesn't move either.

what exactly is it your trying to undo? (not sure what the ball head is,rose joint?)

what exactly is it your trying to undo? (not sure what the ball head is,rose joint?)

Yeah, remove M5 screws from rose joint.

IMG_20190801_192112.jpg

ahh ok,theres no thread there,so just put it on a little socket that sits on the rose joint head,but not the bolt head,and tap through with a little hammer

ahh ok,theres no thread there,so just put it on a little socket that sits on the rose joint head,but not the bolt head,and tap through with a little hammer

This is 1mln $$$ advise! Thank you a lot, they are out.

Back