Exhaust Link Pipes...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elchapoRR

Reaction score
Hey all,

Not sure if this has been covered in another post before, but I would like to make my exhaust louder and I've heard that you can get a race link pipe from BMW for the Akrapovic systems.

Didn't know if anyone had fitted a link pipe or know of anyone who has, how much louder the exhaust becomes with one etc.

I've got a full titanium Akrapovic system on my 17 RR, previous owner had it fitted with the mapping / tune. I just find it a bit quiet unless your full throttle.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Akrapovič

If you already have a full system fitted then a link pipe is not applicable.

Re: Akrapovič

If you already have a full system fitted then a link pipe is not applicable.
I think it has a titanium cat that can be removed with a link pipe?
0e761d79a7007f03da5ae4b89e799fcb.jpg

Posted as I found my pic...ok you have the oem akra with baffles etc.

- Alex
It has titanium headers, centre, end can and the end can has a baffle that I've taken out. Sorry, I thought that was a full system [emoji23]

Last edited:
Akrapovič

I think it has a titanium cat that can be removed with a link pipe?

You have the road legal version of the HP Akrapovič full system fitted. You can replace that part via BMW or Performance Parts Ltd.

Looks like someone’s fitted the Gen2 HP4 standard system, you can buy the link pipe decat from Akrapovic and replace that section. Not seen the gen2 set up on a Euro4 looks good! I have the 2016 headers on my 2018 to get rid of the mahoosive cat and gives a better choice of end can

The end can is defo the gen3 can and defo not the hp4 can. You may be right about the cat / pipes as it looks the same as the hp4.

Back