ACU chain guard

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a chain guard that doesn't require drilling and tapping holes in swing arm ?

Last edited:
Can someone recommend a chain guard that doesn't require drilling and tapping holes in swing arm ?
The only one I know of is the Ilmberger carbon swing arm cover.

I have a GB Racing one unfitted for the same reason, not drilling and tapping!!

Edit: i was incorrect with Ilmberger, it was fullsix

- Alex

Last edited:
Fullsix do a set of swingarm covers that include the chain guard as part of the side piece. Dont know if it meets acu regs, but worth a look. You will also get premier member discount from conquest carbon if you deal with them.

Last edited:
mine has the carbon s/arm cover wit the shark fin incorperated (think carbon2race but not sure),no issues regarding ACU/scrut. regs.

also have a new GB shark fin if you decide to go that route (anda few used ones)

ACU Chain Guard

You can use either a chain guard incorporated into a carbon fire swingarm cover, or one that is fitted by tapping the swingarm. You shouldn't have any issues with ACU regulations or scrutineering. The ACU and MCRCB regulations both state that a chain guard must be fitted, but not how it is to be secured.

Back