Fitting newer fairings to older models?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducky

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to retro fit the newer 2018 type fairings to a 2010? I'm looking to put my bike back on the road (not been used for last 7 yrs) and was looking to get one of the chinese pre-painted sets on Ebay, however most of the nicer ones appear to be for the latest bikes only.

Any ideas chaps?

thx
:)

Race fairings would be fairly straightforward but,for road use,a few obvious things spring to mind-lights and seat pad are totally different.

pretty sure tail fairings will swap but seat pad is different on gen 1.
gen would need lights etc

I need to buy lights and seat pads as I no longer have those, the main thing I’m wondering is if there are any major differences in how the tail subframe is done and the front light fittings. If it’s just a case of extending a few brackets I can sort that. Thx ��

have a look at the on line parts fiche should give you an idea, pretty certain the rears fit no problem as I was looking at doing it on mine. would think the front sub frame would be the issue for lights etc

have a look at the on line parts fiche should give you an idea, pretty certain the rears fit no problem as I was looking at doing it on mine. would think the front sub frame would be the issue for lights etc

Thanks for that, is the parts fiche on BMW's website?

Ok so from speaking to a few others, the 2015/2016 fairings will fit with a few tweaks to the brackets, so I have some on order. Will wait and see how it goes when they turn up. Thanks for the info peeps.

Back