Best way to clean?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skel

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
600399ff57f2bcc8f900c8adb89e02bb.jpg

Hi Guys,
Any ideas? Sons new exhaust after one outing. I?m reading oven cleaner everywhere but I?m a little unsure.
Thanks in advance.
Skel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happened to my Delkevic can .. my Sidi boot toe cover melted on it...

What I done was relatively unsatisfactory... I picked off the bigger bits then used a soft kitchen scouring pad... it left a dull patina on the affected area, tried to buff it with hand buffer and Solvol... wasn't that happy with the patchy result.

So don't do the above Skel... what about melting it off carefully bit by bit with say a culinary blow torch or equivalent... I reckon that may be more satisfactory..or email manufacturer..

15 quid and under off Amazon... then get her to melt the sugar on a nice big bit of Crėme Brulee to celebrate !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Happened to my Delkevic can .. my Sidi boot toe cover melted on it...

What I done was relatively unsatisfactory... I picked off the bigger bits then used a soft kitchen scouring pad... it left a dull patina on the affected area, tried to buff it with hand buffer and Solvol... wasn't that happy with the patchy result.

So don't do the above Skel... what about melting it off carefully bit by bit with say a culinary blow torch or equivalent... I reckon that may be more satisfactory..or email manufacturer..

15 quid and under off Amazon... then get her to melt the sugar on a nice big bit of Crėme Brulee to celebrate !

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] yeah I won?t be doing that thanks Stu. [emoji85]

My Delkevic can was Chrome Skel... so was easy to **** up... that satin finish may be a bit more forgiving... I'd try melting/heating it up and rub it off with a cloth..fairly sure if you do it slowly you'll get it off blemish free..

thats going to be a bitch to shift, my missis dose the same thing to her cans, ive not found a way yet to shift it blemish free so dont bother any more. it being a satin type finish will make it even harder to shift. hope you can and tell me how to do it, hope this helps.lol

thats going to be a bitch to shift, my missis dose the same thing to her cans, ive not found a way yet to shift it blemish free so dont bother any more. it being a satin type finish will make it even harder to shift. hope you can and tell me how to do it, hope this helps.lol

Hahaha thanks. My Mrs has the same problem with her pro race at the minute as have I with my Akrapovic. There?s a lot to be said for the longer high end pipe. It might look pants but at least it?s out the way. [emoji1787][emoji2359]

I had this on my AR can, I seem to remember gently removing it with a soft metal detail brush while the exhaust was hot.

You will get some marking so go very carefully, in time the titanium on the link pipe colours up so you won’t see it as much anyway.

Why don't you pick up the phone, ring AR and ask them? Alternatively, use AutoGlym Tar Remover and a rag. Don't scour the exhaust with a pad, you'll never get the finish back easily.

I have also done the same thing to Mac?s ex AR can! [emoji1787]. Autosol and patience for me got it shiny and spotless. It does take off the bluing that Mac mentions but all you need to do is thrash the pants off it and it blues up nicely again. As it?s your first outing you have that pleasure awaiting! Good luck!

Back