Are bikes selling?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
I've got my gen1 for sale but not had any interest at all, apart form one time waster offering pence for it!
Looking around on Autotrader it's priced less than bikes with 50%+ more miles at dealers.

Any tips for selling?!

I've sold most of my bikes through ebay and got them moved on within 2 weeks, my last one was bought by a dealer for pretty much what I wanted. A lot has to do with the advert, having decent pictures to a background that doesn't make it look like you live in a high crime area(!), enough but not too much detail and assuming its a cared for bike and not a minger make sure you highlight its condition and service history. In terms of price watch other similar bike and see how much interest they get so you know where to pitch yours.

I would take another ?500 off it to make it the cheapest on AT. There are bikes priced below ?7k from dealers who can offer finance, px, warranty.

Agreed, the bike looks very nice but the colour may not be to everyone's tastes and there are similar bikes on ebay for less money, I'd go ?6850 and see what happens

OK thanks, I'll leave it for tomorrow just in case and lower it on Monday.
Anything missing from the ad? Autotrader keeps telling me to add more pictures but the ones on there show everything needed don't they?!

Everything sells at the right price, it is a case of how low can you go to get it gone, and how quickly. Have you tried posting it on some of the trackday/racing forums? Would make a great bike for the right person.

Everything sells at the right price, it is a case of how low can you go to get it gone, and how quickly. Have you tried posting it on some of the trackday/racing forums? Would make a great bike for the right person.

Very true Andy, as always hoping for as much as possible!
I've only got it on Autotrader, not really on any other forums that would be interested to be honest.

Stick it on EB as Mac says mate.. good coverage I feel and might just catch a casual browsers eye..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I noticed reading your ad you say the bike is totally standard (?). Its not, you should mention the small changes like the number plate holder, lack of chain guard, crash bungs.

Personally I like that colour, if you drop the price ask for offers above the lower price. Good luck.

Back