First Service & NC500

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
Got the bike in for the run in service just in time for us to do the NC500 this weekend. Really disappointed that the weather was so bad today and didn?t get a chance to try it after being derestricted.

Even managed to modify a set of Ventura brackets I had for the 1299S to fit the new bike so I can strap my Kriega bags to it and keep them off the body work.

Could use the top box but it?s way too big for what I need for a few days round Scotland.

I?ll post some more pictures as we go along

9dfee3daab9120218e5476adcb4bf1ba.jpg

d857c9c9c5b4b61fa354570c640af8f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good to see! I have used the ventura racks for previous bikes... got an 899 set, what mod did you do for this to fit!?

Done anything about that chair ?.....cycling shorts for the NC500 I reckon.

Couldn't believe how firm it was just sitting on it in your garage ...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

good to see! I have used the ventura racks for previous bikes... got an 899 set, what mod did you do for this to fit!?

Just cut some aluminium up that I had in the garage and drilled and tapped it, along with a couple of 8mm spacers.

043d9e9e0955cc44392dd62cabe8072e.jpg

8453a59dd6ef091e53ca7403bd75a888.jpg

Could probably have made something a bit more pleasing on the eye but that?s for the winter when I?m bored.

Done anything about that chair ?.....cycling shorts for the NC500 I reckon.

Couldn't believe how firm it was just sitting on it in your garage ...

Did 200 miles with the cycling shorts with no issues mate. Much better

Holy cow - that's THE biggest top box I've ever seen. Didn't know they came that big!

Yeah it?s huge, hence why I?m not using it. Plus it?s only a few days so don?t really need one either.
I bought it off eBay without realising exactly how big it was.

Haha... Rob Carsons bike has a new top speed...

Derestricted, up the bypass with that top box on and screwing the hole off it........65 mph...and thats down the duck bay marina hill.... lol

Haha... Rob Carsons bike has a new top speed...

Derestricted, up the bypass with that top box on and screwing the hole off it........65 mph...and thats down the duck bay marina hill.... lol

Top box contains the parachute [emoji23]

I was just doing the final checks at 07:30 yesterday morning when the phone rang as I was getting ready to leave.
My step father had been taken into hospital with a blood clot on his brain. Sadly he passed away yesterday afternoon.

As it stands I?m going to head towards John O?Groats early tomorrow morning and try and catch the lads on the way down.

You have our collective condolences.
Please only ride if you're not distracted, we don't want you to get in any avoidable trouble...although I have to say a bike ride has always been cathartic.

- Alex

Precisely what Alex says.
Am very sorry to hear of such bad news, my condolences to you and your family

Really sorry to hear of the loss of your Step Father. My condolences to you and your family

Back