Bye bye S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to think so Soof... quite like the idea of tricking up a nice wee bike... just the lack of options near here...anyhow...going to have a hunt about...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

GSXR750 is supposed to be best bang per buck.

- Alex

Before I bought my Gen 3 and decided to try it on track, I've used this for the last 120ish track days - GSXR 750 K6 with a full Manx GP spec motor putting out 143 rwhp on a low reading dyno, full ti akro big bore system, bazzaz fueling, lightweight Galespeed wheels, Maxton shock, K-tech fork springs / internals etc, etc.....build over 10 years and I dread to think what it's cost me...........much easier to ride at a given pace than the BM. Although I'm quicker at Oulton on my BM, the 750 was quicker around Anglesey (so far anyway...)

If I decide that the BM will be my track bike then this will be broken as that's the only way I'd get a decent amount for the bike...

20180416_165210 by Andy Yates, on Flickr

2 by Andy Yates, on Flickr

Worth giving the track thing a go Stuart. I know there aren't many track in Scotland but I see quite a few Scottish folk at Almeria who leave their bikes out there in Winter (one of them has an HP4!).
The weather in Spain is 'mostly' good though not guaranteed sunny. I went to Almeria this year in April & it was a washout: 1 day out of 6 without rain. Sept-Nov & March are best for dry weather & not too cold.

I'd bung track fairings on the HP4 if I wss in your position. Only mentioned the GSXR because you didn't seem keen

- Alex

Mate Ebay is fine bought and sold bikes no problemo . Even shipped BMW 2002TII to Hong Kong don"t forget to put uk bidders only lol

I'd bung track fairings on the HP4 if I wss in your position. Only mentioned the GSXR because you didn't seem keen

- Alex
Nah, if I'm going to do it I think I'd sell the HP.. Gixxer 750 has always been on the back burner with me... excellent machines.. early ones had gearbox dog issues tho...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back