Bye bye S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malic1212

Reaction score
Right I have stupidly managed to build up 9 points on my licence so the bike has to go. Until I grow up anyway. What?s the best place for selling bikes? eBay is just full of scammers. I?ll be listing a number of HP parts and some carbon as soon as I can figure out how to post photos on a forum. :livid:

Right I have stupidly managed to build up 9 points on my licence so the bike has to go. Until I grow up anyway. What?s the best place for selling bikes? eBay is just full of scammers. I?ll be listing a number of HP parts and some carbon as soon as I can figure out how to post photos on a forum. :livid:

Keep it for track days only!

Maybe it's an age thing but since I started doing more track days the need for speed on the road has disappeared . Actually, the need for road riding has diminished a helluva lot now I get my kicks on the track in much more safer conditions.

Yeah was thinking about the track. Feel as I’m a rank novice I should start with something smaller. Always caught on nationals. Caught out over a hidden dip or after a bend. It’s as if they are following me. Have to accept my **** ups. I’m much more reserved in built up areas.

Yeah was thinking about the track. Feel as I?m a rank novice I should start with something smaller. Always caught on nationals. Caught out over a hidden dip or after a bend. It?s as if they are following me. Have to accept my **** ups. I?m much more reserved in built up areas.
Awrite mate bought your old adjusters of Jimmy couple of weeks ago... glad to see you back on...erm...just saw the lead post there !... Sent you a whatsapp..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you don't need to get rid, I can't see that its worth doing. Take it to a track let it off the leash.

- Alex

Heartbreaker! It?s hard to be sensible when you have the power in tap. You are probably wise taking the temptation away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As already mentioned....... take it to the track. I've done 3 track days, my first ever. I won't be riding on the road again. The track provides a level of safety you won't be able to appreciate until you ride on one. Keep the bike. You know it makes sense [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

the worst thing of going to the track, is that you learn that 1l motorbike is really need to be riden at speed and whatever you were doing on public roads before is just a kindergarten.

the only solution is to stop riding in this country lol.

Last edited:
I sure as hell don’t have the skill to ride it correctly on the track. I’ll buy a cheap 600 to start with. I’m almost certain I’ll put it in the tyre wall trying to ride beyond my abilities. :distrust:

I sure as hell don’t have the skill to ride it correctly on the track. I’ll buy a cheap 600 to start with. I’m almost certain I’ll put it in the tyre wall trying to ride beyond my abilities. :distrust:
Track is not about speed unless you go racing.... It's all about learning to ride/learning about your bike in comparative safety. Everybody has their own pace and has to start somewhere which is why there is novice inters or advanced. I know plenty that have left me behind on the road because I'm not prepared to take the risk of what's around the corner/gravel/diesel etc, etc but cannot work out proper track sense and are slow.
Don't knock it until you've tried it at least once. :eek:nthego:

Track is not about speed unless you go racing.... It's all about learning to ride/learning about your bike in comparative safety. Everybody has their own pace and has to start somewhere which is why there is novice inters or advanced. I know plenty that have left me behind on the road because I'm not prepared to take the risk of what's around the corner/gravel/diesel etc, etc but cannot work out proper track sense and are slow.
Don't knock it until you've tried it at least once. :eek:nthego:

+1 to all of that.

I'm thinking of punting my HP and going track only... been on my mind for last wee while...major obstacle up our way is the lack of facilities and the temptation of our roads..... the Angel/Devil scene in Animal House scene comes to mind...

Just thinking out loud when I saw this thread... two of my mates have gone track this year, one bought a van kitted it out etc..their at Cadwell this weekend... what to do... guidance/view are welcome..

Last edited:
Depends on whether you can easily take time off during the week and / or get over to Spain or wherever reasonably regularly I would say Stu. Complete non starter for me in my circumstances so it?s road and the odd track day but tbh I enjoy road riding.

Last edited:
Agree with Mac. 3-4 days in Spain/Portugal is one of the best ways to start trackdays.

I'm thinking of punting my HP and going track only... been on my mind for last wee while...major obstacle up our way is the lack of facilities and the temptation of our roads..... the Angel/Devil scene in Animal House scene comes to mind...

Just thinking out loud when I saw this thread... two of my mates have gone track this year, one bought a van kitted it out etc..their at Cadwell this weekend... what to do... guidance/view are welcome..

Do it. If you dont enjoy it or cant find the time then go back to road. You are quick, you are much safer on track and its more fun. Just no scenery compared to road, which in your case is a look out the window, so not an issue.

It's a whole new thing... track bike, wheels, tow bar, trailer, genny, warmers, tools..... I'm not buying a van

Not sure how much my bikes worth 31.5k on it now but it's in excellent order and runs sweet..fsh etc...

If I had the dough I'd keep my HP4... but it'd have to go..save on the extended warranty/insurance etc...

Lol.. can imagine a sunny day, kitted up..throw open the garage door and see a non street legal bike sitting there ha... **** !

Abroad looks good mind you, g/teed good weather in the main.

Last edited:
From what you get back on your hp4 there would be plenty to cover what you need to buy to do trackdays and a bike.

Latest posts

Back