Locked up

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzy

Reaction score
2011 bmw second time my rear pads have locked on to my rear disc, first time three weeks ago , so changed pads not been in a week it?s gone and locked up on me againšŸ˜”
Happened to any one else plus what?s the reason and how to rectifie it. Next time I might be laid in the road šŸ™„.
Cheers in advancešŸ‘

yes it needs quite a lot of slack - if you ride about a mile that should get it nicely warm - then back off the MC rod until it's free 10mm lock nut and 8mm adjuster (or fingers) might need to take heel plate off for easy access (HP rearsets).
a good bleed won't hurt either

Cheers lads will have ago - took new pads out piston will not move back in solid.

It will go...but the piston could be offline try to give it pressure from different points

- Alex

ohh thats bad i can push mine by hand - so it slides and or pushes piston back just by holding caliper (and it still locks)

Leave the old pads in an put a flat lever in between the old pads. When you apply pressure it will be more even on the piston. Give the piston a good clean before though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back