Data logger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its plug and play and its the best GPS in the market by miles. It just works, always finds signal and always finds start/finish line.

M RCK that is 5k is a piece of cr?p comparing.

if you buy DL version, dont forget to buy BMW cable to get datalogger working

specific cable is easier to have,but you get a generic cable with the unit (solo2dl) and is easy to wire in ,only 4 wires,but obviuosly more work and messing around,that sif the buyer wants to save ?50 :)

its plug and play and its the best GPS in the market by miles. It just works, always finds signal and always finds start/finish line.

Can I buy with the obd II connector? because I have the bmw cable that transforms bmw conector to obd.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk
da7a6db122c812babc4edb0c4aba6e93.jpg

The model specific cable for the Aim Solo connects to the loom not the ODB1 or 2 port...there's a specific plug on the loom which goes to the OEM alarm if you have one.
I wouldn't use generic, bound to be issues.

https://www.aimshop.com/products/bm...plug-play-cable-with-7-pin-male-712-connector

Just FYI. RR models from 09-16 had ODBI and 17+ have ODBII. And yet still NOTHING uses these ports for datalogging. The RCK3 connects to it for mapping/configuration changes only, on unlocked ECU's.

Last edited:
Where is that connector on the bike?

Thanks.

it's a 4 pin plug,should have a blanking cap on it,black plug,white inner,oblong-ish in shape

There is something that I do not understand.

when I connect the obdlink lx and put the motoscan, I can read data in real time of rpm, throttle position, ... that is, if it send that data, it should be possible to extract the same for the racechrono.

Do you know if they sell any cable that plugs into the canbus connector where the aim solo2 dl is plugged in, that transforms from canbus to obd? or would someone know how to do it? thanks.

like i said i 'v n idea what system your using,but the racecheono is purely gps based,it's not a data logger as such,just gps info.

sounds to me what your using is similar to the hex gs911 system,which is purely a service item,can read the info,but cant log it.

I have a SOLO2 DL and I agree that when it works it's a great tool. Mine however is currently with AIM for repair/replacement because it messes up completely, and that is annoying to say the least. Have had several ruined sessions, making it harder to compare laptimes and causing a lot of frustration. A few friends have it as well, and they have no issues, so I hope mine is just a faulty model and that they replace w. a new one.

you will always get issues from time to time,personnaly i've been lucky,started with the solo maybe 10 years ago,then the DL and now the solo2dl,never had a problem with any of them touch wood.
battery life on the solo2's is shite though,not an issue if your wired in,but running off internal battery alone would be an issue for me.

I use AIM devices (EVO4, MXL2, MXS) and software for about 8 years. Never had a hardware issue. Software is another thing. They are open to suggestions and they try their best to fix software issues.

I use AIM devices (EVO4, MXL2, MXS) and software for about 8 years. Never had a hardware issue. Software is another thing. They are open to suggestions and they try their best to fix software issues.
Not really. They pretty much ignored my problem with 2D sensor readings on Gen4. Their UK support is awful.

Well my experience is different. I speak directly with Italy.

same here,i've spoken (email at least) with them for advic setting up my mxl2 dash and here very helpful.

BBB,who did you speak to,people at demon tweeks (useless) or (forgot his name) they guy based in stafford,always found him very helpfull over the phone for advice etc.

Just to follow up on my own post. I now received my SOLO2 DL back from UK. They tested it and found the GPS board to be faulty as I suspected. It has now been replaced and I'm looking very much forward to testing it out in 2021. So for now I'm a happy SOLO2 owner again :)

Back