Data logger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianbullsey

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend a decent reasonably priced data logger which will work with either Racechrono or Track Addict? And a couple of good tips on set up and use if possible please.
Ian
County Durham.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

a lap timer or logger?

for just a lap timer you can look at later then the Qstarz q1000ex is good,works on the same set/data as racechrono.very small unit,same as matchbox.
if you want to be able to veiw live timings,the cant go wrong with an aim solo,or for logging the soloDL.

all depends how much you want to spend,and what you want (lap times,or actual bike data).

i have a qstarz here if your interested ?75 delivered

Racechrono and TrackAddict are phone based dataloggers? Do you mean an external GPS? I use a Dual xps160 which is about ?130.

Racechrono and TrackAddict are phone based dataloggers? Do you mean an external GPS? I use a Dual xps160 which is about ?130.

yea the q1000ex is exactly the same as the racecrhono s/w,you just dont need your phone on you,it logs onto the unit where as racechrono needs a GPS unit to transmitt the data to your phone

Hi, I think I'm asking for advice regarding a device which works with the app and assists in the recording of lap data? God I wish I was smarter [emoji23]
Ian
PS do you actually need a GPS sender or can you simply use an app on the phone?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

you really need a GPS unit as the gps on phones isn't great,and the refresh rate (Hz) is low (maybe 1hz,or logs a waypoint every second) sounds ok but trust me,a lot can happen in a second.minimum is 5hz,ideally 10+.

i'll link up some basic gps units later,you just pair that with your phone then and go out with your phone stashed away on the bike or in your pocket

Thats the GPS I use, it works well. It updates ten times a second instead of just once a second on the phone which is pretty useless for anything other than ballpark figures.

I dont use the setup on the bike anymore because it's a bit too much of a faff and I have the BMW 2D logger now but for the cost of a GPS and subscription to the App it is great value. I still use it in the car where there's plenty of space for the phone and GPS and it's easy to leave a usb connected to avoid the GPS going flat:

Hi!! For data logging....

I tryed to use obdlink lx and it conectes but no data received via obd and no data recived via obd canbus.

Today i was trying to get data on my s1000rr 2015, with an obdlink lx, but there was no way. It connects via obd can bus, I test the connection and fine, but within the session it does not open any channel or receive data.

I was looking at the table of this link to put manually all the canbus channels I want

https://docs.google.com/spread...UiTU3isqdc/edit#gid=1756716432

but I am unable to put the channels manually and then read them. Has anyone got it? thanks.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk

that link doesn't work,as for the rest i've no idea about that system your using so cant help.cant go wrong with solo dl or if just lap times,the 2d gps timer.

I tryed to use obdlink lx and it conectes but no data received via obd and no data recived via obd canbus.

I wouldn't expect an ODB2 data reader to work for datalogging. These are for cars and reading the codes etc, fairly useless otherwise.

Data logging is not just the recording but the interpreting of the data provided over CANBUS. There really is no decent shortcut to doing it. Anyone that can afford an RR should be able to get an Aim SOLO DL if they are really interested and want a bike generic solution.

I wouldn't expect an ODB2 data reader to work for datalogging. These are for cars and reading the codes etc, fairly useless otherwise.

Data logging is not just the recording but the interpreting of the data provided over CANBUS. There really is no decent shortcut to doing it. Anyone that can afford an RR should be able to get an Aim SOLO DL if they are really interested and want a bike generic solution.
Perfect, the aim solo 2 DL, is just plug and play? It have datalogging and gps no?

And then, wich program can I use for read and interpret the data?

Thanks.

Perfect, the aim solo 2 DL, is just plug and play? It have datalogging and gps no?

And then, wich program can I use for read and interpret the data?

Thanks.

it's prob 1 of the best gps loggers you can use on the bm with the ECU cable,software is relatively easy to use once youlearn the basics,but there is also a huge amount of tutorial video's on youtube,and variuos FB forums.

its plug and play and its the best GPS in the market by miles. It just works, always finds signal and always finds start/finish line.

M RCK that is 5k is a piece of cr?p comparing.

if you buy DL version, dont forget to buy BMW cable to get datalogger working

Back