2020 R1 & R1M Revealed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was never going to be a massive change like the 2015 was. This was forced on Yamaha by Euro 5. It's a bit more aggressive, like it.

I'm not usually one to comment on the looks but the first thing I thought was that I prefer the nose of the previous model! I've got a lot of time for Yamaha after racing the R6 and it's becoming very popular to race the R1 now but I don't get all that excited by them.

I'm not usually one to comment on the looks but the first thing I thought was that I prefer the nose of the previous model! I've got a lot of time for Yamaha after racing the R6 and it's becoming very popular to race the R1 now but I don't get all that excited by them.
Why is it becoming so? Is the popularity of BMW going down?

From riding one myself I'd say they are easier to ride fast on track. So you can get to a good pace quickly. But that doesn't mean they have ultimate pace if you're a good rider. They flatter less able riders.

From riding one myself I'd say they are easier to ride fast on track. So you can get to a good pace quickly. But that doesn't mean they have ultimate pace if you're a good rider. They flatter less able riders.

One of the main reasons I nearly bought one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By easier to ride, do you mainly mean it turns better? From engine point of view, surely Gen3 can easily match it or be slightly ahead.
What about other features like TC, are they better than in Gen3?

By easier to ride, do you mainly mean it turns better? From engine point of view, surely Gen3 can easily match it or be slightly ahead.

The electronics on the R1 are supposed to be one of the best systems available on a stock bike for track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad, this isn't Top Trumps it's not about numbers.

Ride one and compare how they feel and how they operate.

RR = you have to believe it will do it (and it will)
R1 = you believe it will do it

This is why it's easier to carry more corner speed.

Last edited:
Vlad, this isn't Top Trumps it's not about numbers.

Ride one and compare how they feel and how they operate.

RR = you have to believe it will do it (and it will)
R1 = you believe it will do it

This is why it's easier to carry more corner speed.
Annoying thing is, impossible to find one with decent tires. All I saw is Rosso 3.

Back