Yet another newbie ...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gav

Reaction score
Evening ,
Recently picked up a scruffy high miles 2014 s1000rr. Very new to all things bmw as have had aprilias for the last 10yrs and before that a couple of blades and a zx7r.
The bike is currently stripped for a thorough deep clean and get me more familiar with how it all bolts together, so using the time to trawl the inter web and do a bit of research.
Cheers
Gav

Evening ,
Recently picked up a scruffy high miles 2014 s1000rr. Very new to all things bmw as have had aprilias for the last 10yrs and before that a couple of blades and a zx7r.
The bike is currently stripped for a thorough deep clean and get me more familiar with how it all bolts together, so using the time to trawl the inter web and do a bit of research.
Cheers
Gav
Hows it going Gav, welcome aboard....not sure how far your going with a strip down but if you sign up as a premier member you d/l the full bmw workshop manual..loads of other benefits too, you can find details under the premier membership subscription.

Hope that helps.

Cheers S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Gav and congratulations on your new RR!

How many miles are on the bike and what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Further to Stuart?s excellent suggestion, attached is a link the Premier Membership information thread [emoji16]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of your new steed [emoji41]

- Oli

Morning chaps , thanks for the comments. She?s on 41k however full bmw history and 1owner. CCT and regulator rectifier replaced by bmw in the last ?500 miles.
Previous owner was a doctor who commuted from London to Brighton hence the high mileage.
I?ll be using it for occasional daily duties , fast road riding and the odd track day and some touring here and there .
Very different to the v-twins I?m used to
Gav

Welcome to the forum Gav, you will soon get used to the difference, do you feel that you are travelling quicker than when you were on your V twin?

Back