S1000RR's worst enemy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
So I picked up the new bike on Friday afternoon. Got bored of waiting for BMW and managed to get this in 2 weeks so was a no brainer really. The whole thing is ridiculous! I know the BMW will be a 'better' bike but this is way more than that, sense of occasion in spades.
Fitted a few Evotech parts and a Ducati Performance comfort seat and racked up about 180 miles so far. Got until a week on Saturday to hit the 650 miles as I've got Donington on 25th and need it serviced and ready to go.
S1000RR is all ready for sale, cleaned and new tyres so hopefully that will be out sooner rather than later.

Certainly the right choice for me.

l on Flickr

, on Flickr

Thanks all.
Loving it so far, done 260 miles and it's way comfier than my gen1.

Let's hope you don't get all the problems that all the owners I know have!

I think they're all ironed out now mate, mine is a brand new model so all of the recalls are done on the production line, fingers crossed.

great bike mines is sitting in ducati waiting on three recall quickshifter suspension software fuel tank seal not happy

Little update on this, still loving it!
I've done 4 trackdays on it since getting it in July, should have been 5 but Donington last month was so wet that I never even turned the ignition on! Had the suspension set up properly at Snetterton and it has made so much difference! Really calmed the bike down on the power and the brakes and also turns when and where I want it to and starting to get comfortable on it. Up to 1500 miles.

I was so certain that I wouldn't be spending any money on this bike as it was so expensive in the first place, but that's all kind of gone out the window! Ended up putting quite a bit of cash in!

- CRC fairings (second hand)
- Spare set of forged wheels with slicks (I still use the bike on the road)
- Bigger fornt screen
- GB Racing covers
- Evotech parts

The fairings came in a horrible yellow but repainted them a couple of weeks ago, and got some custom stickers coming from Sublime Designs just to break the silver up a little bit. I love it!
Load for Portimao next weekend so can't wait for 4 days on track to finish off a busy year.[FONT=Arial[/COLOR] r, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back