I have rejected my bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've given my dealer and BMW a deadline now. Friday COB and otherwise I'll just let the lawyers loose. I am sick of this.

I feel like being in the Truman Show here. So my machine has been sitting in the showroom for a week now, I've fired some hate towards BMW UK because the dealer was waiting on some paperwork to finalize the swap.. couple hours after that BMW UK sent all the paperwork over to my local dealer. Dealer sent me a message this morning saying they have everything they need, but he is on annual leave until Tuesday now so won't be able to do anything before then. Asked him if his colleague can process the paperwork and his reply was 'He's away too'.

I live in Ireland. Good weather is of the essence ffs

Last edited:
You still have Gen4 with you right ?

It's not like you're going to get a Gen5 bike out of this, l wouldn't get worried much.

Last edited:
You still have Gen4 with you right ?

It's not like you're going to get a Gen5 bike out of this, l wouldn't get worried much.
I know. I do want a Gen4 that doesn't slap me with this at 270km/h and 30 degree lean angle on the Autobahn followed by a full engine cut off though.
forforum.jpg

If it was just minor issues I wouldn't be throwing a sissy fit, but this bike does dangerous shit.

Last edited:
I agree, not what I'd want! Especially if you have your mates behind you travelling at a similar speed. Nothing illegal on the Autobahn.

I agree, not what I'd want! Especially if you have your mates behind you travelling at a similar speed. Nothing illegal on the Autobahn.
Exactly. Was a wonder I stayed on that thing.
Dealer also doesn't understand that it's not personal at all. He's a sound guy.. I could easily rip him a second one between 9 and 5 and then have some pints with him after 5, but I think he's taking the whole thing a bit too personal.

Exactly. Was a wonder I stayed on that thing.
Dealer also doesn't understand that it's not personal at all. He's a sound guy.. I could easily rip him a second one between 9 and 5 and then have some pints with him after 5, but I think he's taking the whole thing a bit too personal.

Where you gently shaking him by the throat at the time??? :nevreness:

That's the hooligan warning sign-It's obviously a UK spec bike-we only do 70mph in this country!

My apologies-your situation isn't funny.

I have an update! The swap has been approved by BMW HQ and BMW UK and I'll be able to collect my new bike on Monday. The 'old' one will be shipped back to Germany and there it will meet its maker. Apparently they are going to strip it to see what caused the issues.

I have an update! The swap has been approved by BMW HQ and BMW UK and I'll be able to collect my new bike on Monday. The 'old' one will be shipped back to Germany and there it will meet its maker. Apparently they are going to strip it to see what caused the issues.

Great news !

Final update: New bike is in my garage and so far no issues at all. Fingers crossed.

I took delivery of my 2020 S1000RR M Sport in May and noticed both front brake calipers were leaking fluid. I didn't ride a mile on it, luckily I noticed them before going out! It's worth spreading the word though, I think this also effects some of the GS bikes. The dealership came and collected the bike and changed both calipers, god knows how these pass pre-delivery inspection...

Good point about the cables touching the exhaust, just checked mine and they are also touching the hot exhaust, will have to get this sorted.

I have a neutral issue too, when riding changing down from 2nd to 1st, sometimes it auto-blips but goes into neutral instead of 1st, not good when the corners is fast approaching. Dealership made aware but they couldn't find the fault..

I had my bike in for the run in service and it was returned with a broken infill panel (small black fins on the right hand side of the bike if you are sat on it) so look out for this small panel getting damaged, it seems very fragile. I'm in the process of trying to get this replaced.

Run in service complete, I had 2 rides on it in full power mode. On my last ride, whilst learnt over in a fast right bend, I lost all power and the dash lit up yellow with the "fault in engine control" error message. I turned off/on and it seems to sort it out, until the day after, now the bike wont start at all, it has the error back on the dash and the bike just turns over and doesn't fire up.

I rang the dealership who said I needed to ring BMW roadside assist to sort the transport out as they were busy all week...that's where I am up to so I will keep you updated. I'm hoping the bike wont end up being returned to dealership to sit in a huge waiting list whilst summer disappears.

I have a video on the error message and bike not starting, will try upload it to youtube.

(I'm using the SC-Project slip on, standard headers with cat.)

2jsECM4

Yeah.
Bmw assist came out today and plugged her in. Fault came back as the ?unfiltered air flap controller?. The bike will be sent back to the dealer now to further look into the problem.
If I look up the air intake with a torch, I can see the air filter and it doesn?t look like the flaps move when ignition is turned on, perhaps some gravel/road debris has been lodged up there and is stopping the flaps moving.

Pretty sure we?ve seen this air flap issue with another bike not long ago, a straight forward fix by the dealer from memory.

Back