I have rejected my bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have rejected the bike too.

Makes me wonder if the early bikes were rushed out, a bit pre-production.

Within a few days of having mine, it was in on a warranty job. The quickshifter has literally been beasted in and had a broken connector pin. Thankfully it was only a weeks wait for it.
I feel bad about your problems. Makes mine seem very trivial.

Iā€™ve done 550 miles on mines now without issue. Itā€™s going in next week to have itā€™s first service and then Iā€™m doing the NC500 on it. Be pretty embarrassing if it breaks down on that with the lads

I?ve done 550 miles on mines now without issue. It?s going in next week to have it?s first service and then I?m doing the NC500 on it. Be pretty embarrassing if it breaks down on that with the lads
If it does it will be between Applecross and Durness... 100 miles of nothing and no people lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Iā€™ve done 550 miles on mines now without issue. Itā€™s going in next week to have itā€™s first service and then Iā€™m doing the NC500 on it. Be pretty embarrassing if it breaks down on that with the lads

Have you had your gen 4 delivered? Or did you get a v4s as a stop gap when waiting for the BMW?

Need to take a distress flare with me [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can imagine the phone call..

BMW breakdown.."What's your location and we'll get a guy round"...... "Erm well... there's like hills and that..... lol.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No word from my dealer so far despite multiple emails to them. Itā€™s really frustrating.

Or make sure you take a personal locator beacon or better still a Breitling emergency watch:chuncky:

No word from my dealer so far despite multiple emails to them. It?s really frustrating.

After all of our messages back and forth between each other on the merits of the bike, and me waiting it out for delivery of mine! You?re doing the right thing mate. Stick to your guns.

As for mine, I spoke to the dealer last Friday and he said mine still didn?t have a build date. October or later. Over a year after putting my deposit down.

I?ve had enough. I?ve cancelled my order and the deposit will be transferred onto the lovely new 2020 R1M that was launched at Laguna Seca last weekend.

BMW have properly dropped every ball possible on this bike and it?s launch.

How did that go? It's been a while since last update.

Did BMW/dealer agree to give the moneys back?

Hi guys,

sorry for the lack of updates. I was on a 4 week Spain holiday and got back to Dublin this morning at 2. Rode through the UK twice and will NEVER do that again. Whatā€™s up with all the road works? Haha
Anyway, in terms of my bike hereā€™s what happened.

1. Contacted Ben Perry BMW UK with previously posted message. Ben advises to talk to dealer.
2. Talked to dealer and dealer did nothing.
3. Followed up with dealer multiple times but got ignored each time.
4. Waited a couple of weeks - nothing.
5. Sent a very angry email to Ben Perry telling him that the next step will be a lawyer and Irish consumer authorities.
6. Ben Perry contacted dealer and told me that the dealer told him some crap about wanting to wait until I return from my holiday and asked me if that is correct. Told him that was NOT correct.
7. Week of radio silence
8. Text message from dealer on Saturday ā€˜You can collect your new bike on Mondayā€™ - which is tomorrow

I just don't get dealerships...the people they employ just fail at the basics.

Glad it is getting sorted.

- Alex

Back