New kid on the block

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phippsey

Reaction score
Hi all,
I?m a current owner of a s1000rr 2010 model. I?ve had the bike a year and a half now and I?m loving it! However, it is due its big service (valve clearance) it had nearly 16k miles on it atm and I?m starting to get a rattle wich is coming and going that I can not get my head around. I?m not very clued up mechanically I?m a joiner 😂 the bike is running fine and still as smooth as it was after its last service. On start up I believe a common rattle is the cam chain tensioner for a split second or 2 bit could anybody shine a light on he other rattle that sounds a little bit similar but it?s more towards the bottom of the engine..

Welcome to the forum!

Am glad to hear you?re enjoying your RR.
What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

With regard to the rattle, does it only occur briefly at startup? The cam-chain tensioner is a common source of start-up rattles on most motorcycles, however another source of rattles is one of the exhaust servo motors.
The S1000 engine is mechanically noisy, compared with Japanese i4?s.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you enjoy putting many more miles on your RR over the coming years [emoji4]

- Oli

Cheers matey!

I?m always on road never on track, medium to hard riding on the weekend maybe once in the week to a local bike meet.

I have got the rattle on start up and bmw pidcocks in long Eaton, Nottingham said it would be the exhaust servo. The other rattle is intermittent, I?ve only heard it a few times upto yet but it?s getting more regular and i think it maybe when it?s warm

Thanks for the welcome!

Back