2019 Alp Tour

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skel

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys, hope all?s well.
Just thought I?d share a few of my latest adventures with this fantastic bike. I?ve attached a few pics to look at for the moment but will put a post up when I?m home. Stay safe and shiny side up. [emoji965][emoji100]
00e094e0cea6e572df61ef39fabdfc02.jpg
d4665ec86594dc76c2dab2b2dd1e53a3.jpg
c96c4263ae5cf4aec358d537bd0f5668.jpg
acc2189b9b3beb8dc8c86492d3ff0293.jpg
99abc5a6eb59ffa56ca239c546ab56de.jpg
22fc14d93f8d91ba2804352e8ac826dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the top of the Grimsel Skel ?... my mate almost got to the top about 4 weeks ago to find it was still closed for at least another 2 weeks !..

Theres a cute wee railway at the bottom of the valley....Furka is amazing n all...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Looks like the top of the Grimsel Skel ?... my mate almost got to the top about 4 weeks ago to find it was still closed for at least another 2 weeks !..

Theres a cute wee railway at the bottom of the valley....Furka is amazing n all...

Hi Stu, close mate it?s the Sustan pass, we?re catching the Grimsel on the way back.
The Furka is amazing if a little bumpy. I was chasing a local in his GT3RS up there. [emoji1787] the bloke could defo drive, so it was cracking fun.
However the Fluella Pass is outstanding. Great surface with flowing corners that you can get stuck into. [emoji1316] highly recommended

Looks like your only an hour away from Grimsel... just looked for the Fluela and think we might have ridden it as we crashed in Davos one night... the passes are amazing.

Did you stop at the "Dr No" Hotel Belvedere for pics...great views up there.

Last edited:
Looks stunning. I did the San Barnadino pass last year and was planning to come back this way but couldn't cope with driving in Switzerland again so ended up going the Austria direction instead! I reckon I'll do it on the GS this year if I get a chance.

Last edited:
Looks stunning. I did the San Barnadino pass last year and was planning to come back this way but couldn't cope with driving in Switzerland again so ended up going the Austria direction instead! I reckon I'll do it on the GS this year if I get a chance.
If you never done Italy/Dolomites I would suggest don't even bother doing Austria or Swiss.

Number of mountain passes that you can do around Merano/Bolzano areas is just enormous.

I've been through the Como / Stelvio area lots of times but never the Dolomites side of Italy. Definitely somewhere to get to this year.

I've been through the Como / Stelvio area lots of times but never the Dolomites side of Italy. Definitely somewhere to get to this year.

Nice pics skel, enjoy!

+1 on that monners, I am starting to plan my annual car road trip for 2020 and am going to take bmwbadboys advice and explore that area for a nice change.

From numerous days spent there, I would strongly suggest to book hotel in Merano/Bolzano city/area and make it as a base (this Saturday I stayed in 60 euros/night place that has very nice swimming pool / breakfast stuff)

IMG_20190629_200637.jpg

From there, you have an easy/short access to Stelvio/Gavia/Jaufen/Mendolo passes and the Dolomites.

Dolomites - is a big region. You normally go there via Bolzano. There are 2 roads lead there, one via Lake Carezza / Canazei, second one via Passo Gardena.

Passo Gardena

IMG_20190630_140319.jpg

IMG_20190630_140347.jpg

Lake Carezza

DSC02874.jpg

Jaufen

IMG_20190630_102750.jpg

They have lots of camping options around as well.

Looks like your only an hour away from Grimsel... just looked for the Fluela and think we might have ridden it as we crashed in Davos one night... the passes are amazing.

Did you stop at the "Dr No" Hotel Belvedere for pics...great views up there.

I must have missed it chasing the GT3.. [emoji2359]
Yeah the Fluella is out of Davos. [emoji1316][emoji1316]

Last edited:
Amazing phots.

From numerous days spent there, I would strongly suggest to book hotel in Merano/Bolzano city/area and make it as a base (this Saturday I stayed in 60 euros/night place that has very nice swimming pool / breakfast stuff)

IMG_20190629_200637.jpg

From there, you have an easy/short access to Stelvio/Gavia/Jaufen/Mendolo passes and the Dolomites.

Dolomites - is a big region. You normally go there via Bolzano. There are 2 roads lead there, one via Lake Carezza / Canazei, second one via Passo Gardena.

Passo Gardena

IMG_20190630_140319.jpg

IMG_20190630_140347.jpg

Lake Carezza

DSC02874.jpg

Jaufen

IMG_20190630_102750.jpg

They have lots of camping options around as well.

Amazing phots.

Thank you!

Forgot to mention, in Dolomites you can ride the circle: Canazei - Corvara - Cortina, this will cover passes: di Giau, Falzarego, Pordoi, Fedaia, San Pellegrino, Sella.

You can easily make all of them in 1 day. Distances between them are quite short. Of course it depends on your pace and how long time you spend wondering around on top.

My God the photos in this thread are absolutely incredible!

My riding ToDo list is ever growing ...

Brilliant pics Skel...only drawback with driving/riding you don't get to fully appreciate the views unless you stop for pics...especially in them mountain passes.. I can't look over the sides lol...

The "Dr No" hotel was actually the "Goldfinger" hotel..... maybe thats how you never seen it lol... apologies to all bond fans [emoji849][emoji849]

Simply wow, so jealous. Did you carry backpacks as-well or just the tail packs?

Latest posts

Back