Anyone doing Brands GP tomorrow? (2nd july)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there. Should be nice weather.

If you're nervous take an instructor for 1-2 first sessions.

Last edited:
I will be there. Should be nice weather.

If you're nervous take an instructor for 1-2 first sessions.

Thanks 3B. I didn't get to say hello at Snetterton last year. Your carbon can turned into a ball of fluff, I recall. Probably a bit noisy after that happened?

Is your bike the white one as per your avatar?

Last edited:
Thanks 3B. I didn't get to say hello at Snetterton last year. Your carbon can turned into a ball of fluff, I recall. Probably a bit noisy after that happened?

Is your bike the white one as per your avatar?
Yep, replaced it with Akra can. A bit more noisy, but not by much, as I'm still using stock headers.

White one, yes. I usually get a garage near the tire guy, if I manage to find a parking spot.

What a great day. Good to meet you at last Vlad, glad your hand is repaired. Thanks for the loan of your electricity too.
Nice to see you again Keith, @bananaman

Last edited:
Was a good day all around ! Nice to see some cloud actually haha ! bbb you'll have no trouble racing, mid pack to start and the only way is forward :encouragement:

Was a good day all around ! Nice to see some cloud actually haha ! bbb you'll have no trouble racing, mid pack to start and the only way is forward :encouragement:

I agree with Keith. Vlad I watched you stepping the back out around Clark onto Brabham, very ballsy mate. We should have swaped groups. I was too nervous for fast yesterday. Back to inters for a while methinks.

I agree with Keith. Vlad I watched you stepping the back out around Clark onto Brabham, very ballsy mate. We should have swaped groups. I was too nervous for fast yesterday. Back to inters for a while methinks.

Nothing wrong with that, couple of mates have lost confidence and gone back into inters, time to rebuild with no pressure...

Thanks Keith. To be fair to me, I was on Pilot 5?s, which despite reports to the contrary are crap for track days (Pilots on a track day are a long story).
I think I had them right at the limit.
Reckon if I?d been on Rosso?s I?d have been back up to speed by the afternoon sessions. Instead it just seemed to get worse as the day went on.
The long fast corners at the far GP end were frankly terrifying TBH.
I ditched the last session and felt a bit defeated on the way home.
Looking back, it feels like a good decision. H

Thanks Keith! You did encourage and reassure me with all the info that you shared.

Thanks Keith. To be fair to me, I was on Pilot 5?s, which despite reports to the contrary are crap for track days (Pilots on a track day are a long story).
I think I had them right at the limit.
Reckon if I?d been on Rosso?s I?d have been back up to speed by the afternoon sessions. Instead it just seemed to get worse as the day went on.
The long fast corners at the far GP end were frankly terrifying TBH.
I ditched the last session and felt a bit defeated on the way home.
Looking back, it feels like a good decision. H
Any reason to use Pilot 5 apart from saving $$? I guess Rosso Corsa 2, Bridgestone S22 or Supercorsa SP should be better options.

Any reason to use Pilot 5 apart from saving $$? I guess Rosso Corsa 2, Bridgestone S22 or Supercorsa SP should be better options.

...(Pilots on a track day are a long story).

Fair question Vlad. I got a pair of half worn Rosso3's, but can't change tyres and am doing a few long distance trips at the mo. The pilot 5's are the best road tyre I've ever had, bar none. They're crap on track though. Scary bad TBH. Short story is I couldn't be arsed to change and knew my first day back was going to be tentative.

Back