Ride height

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappywhite

Reaction score
Hi

I just got my HP4 on Friday. It seems slightly lower at the back than my '13 RR was, the handbook says the ride height is adjustable - is this doable by myself?
And is the handling affected by the ride height? I'm a short arse but I think even I could go a bit higher if the handling is affected.

thanks

not sure about hp4 but the standard ones have an eccentric top mount which you can flip with a torx key in not very long oh need to use an abba stand or similar to take the weight

Last edited:
I got some spare spacers with the bike, guessing they raise it but I don’t have a stand to support the weight.
Does it make a real difference to the handling? If not I’ll leave it low.

cheers

depends what you like - it's not spacers - the "nut" is "oval" so you have 2 positions to chose from raises about 10mm easy to do but not if you don't have abba or similar - suppose droping the forks would give similar effect but tricky without stand unless you do one at a time

thanks, I suppose I'll leave it for now then. I could change the ride height on my MV without any stands, this sounds a bit much without a stand.

My understanding is that Gen 1-3 RR?s have always been quite front heavy and therefore are best setup as flat as possible

Last edited:
HP4 came with shims the normal bikes didn't.

- Alex

Page 96 or 98 of the HP4 manual.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwm...OE0/edit?resourcekey=0-MKG-abPELmRRXhS1pY2Wmg

Pics of the "slide blocks" and how to fit them. Bike came with three sets, one in bike.

No idea of how they affect handling. I'm short arsed so thought of trying the -3mm set as I do dangle at lights, but worried to change things for the worse. Though I could always slide the forks up to compensate.

depends what you like - it's not spacers - the "nut" is "oval" so you have 2 positions to chose from raises about 10mm easy to do but not if you don't have abba or similar - suppose droping the forks would give similar effect but tricky without stand unless you do one at a time

If it's the same as Gen 3 then it's an oval spacer that locates in the frame with the mounting hole being off-centre to alter the ride height - you simply remove it and turn it round. I'm sure I've read somewhere that the HP4 came with a selection of spacers.

Yeah they did, I've never used mine, still in the packet from new..think there's two spacers.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back