Wtf !

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
So pulled bike out of the garage to wash it after yesterdays run through to Oban.... front end felt heavy to turn... slow puncture I'm thinking .....

I remember hitting a pothole yesterday, it wasn't severe as in a violent teeth rattling job, immediately forgot about it and charged on !, no worse than any other pothole in the past...looking at the rim now it was clearly severe enough to do this.... can't believe it !...

Arghhhhhh.... anyone selling a front rim...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
cdd9fd8b3f9916a7854c86728daef600.jpg
0374a3763d1f00ebe127ce140ab56c8d.jpg

Last edited:
what a fooker, i had the same happen last year on a pothole. motorliner charged ?115 to fix it but the paint wasnt the best. they use heat which damaged the coating so painting will be needed too.

Last edited:
what a fooker, i had the same happen last year on a pothole. motorliner charged ?115 to fix it but the paint wasnt the best. they use heat which damaged the coating so painting will be needed too.
Hmmmm bit wary of repairing it...that said... its a grand for a replacement.... I could have bought a minter of a guy on EB last year for around 600 quid.... but never needed it then !... bugger !!!!!

Yikes, that is some buckle!

Hopefully repair is a feasible option.
It?s Sod?s Law when it comes to potholes ...

Whipped it off there, can only guess it was a bit of a freak clout....looking at it you would have thought the bars jumped out of my hands, but nothing like it... no marks to speak of on the rim so I would say the tyre has absorbed the impact and compressed the sidewall sufficiently (which is also concerning) and transferred onto the rim... so annoyed.
46b0aa26cfb011c20c3ca5a684ac57cc.jpg
c01ab854a8af249716a5b3622e2695ef.jpg
72937ecc43ca65c6876b2a79d2890726.jpg
2350ddcad9be3fa9b0cf927abfeafaeb.jpg

Emailed motoliner... it's hydraulic jigs they use according to the site... hopefully they won't destroy the color...

this is right but they still need heat to stop it cracking.
I was thinking that... hope they don't wreck the paintwork... discs off, wheel in my car, I'll get the tyre stripped off tomorrow and send it down.

Last edited:
Shit that?s a bugger. Was going to ask you if you fancied a run out tomorrow as well
I'm working tomorrow but we'll arrange for the weekend if the weathers ok if you fancy it.... you might be derestricted by then...get it booked in lol

I’m away to Spain on Tuesday mate. Got it booked in for the 17th when I’m back just before we do the NC500

Back